HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Transfer Window thread  (Read 39041 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Window thread
« Reply #285 on: July 05, 2016, 06:18:13 pm »
I believe the deal's done Roma

To be honest, the lad might become an excellent midfielder but I haven't been entirely convinced when watching him that he's anything approaching the real deal, and CW has had him at Northampton and claimed he wasn't yet ready for 1st team football in L1, let alone the PL.

On that basis, £1m upfront would be a huge help towards the overall transfer budget and the add-ons will be significant. I know we want to develop players from the academy but I'm really not too upset by the sale, for £1m+++ of an unproven player who's had 11 games for us.

I hope he does really well and proves me totally wrong as he seems a top lad.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 05, 2016, 06:39:47 pm »
I believe the deal's done Roma

To be honest, the lad might become an excellent midfielder but I haven't been entirely convinced when watching him that he's anything approaching the real deal, and CW has had him at Northampton and claimed he wasn't yet ready for 1st team football in L1, let alone the PL.

On that basis, £1m upfront would be a huge help towards the overall transfer budget and the add-ons will be significant. I know we want to develop players from the academy but I'm really not too upset by the sale, for £1m+++ of an unproven player who's had 11 games for us.

I hope he does really well and proves me totally wrong as he seems a top lad.

And that was pretty much my response on What's App today as well.......

Believe we've also signed a CB today - James Wilson (was at Oldham but turned down a new contract) - signed on a free - 2.5 year deal
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2016, 09:35:03 am »
Jack O'Connell from Brentford is at BDTBL for a medical and will sign for a "substantial fee".

Also rumour John Fleck (Coventry) will sign by the end of the day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_O%27Connell_(footballer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fleck_(footballer)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:37:25 am by Roma »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2016, 01:40:39 pm »
Jack O'Connell from Brentford is at BDTBL for a medical and will sign for a "substantial fee".

Also rumour John Fleck (Coventry) will sign by the end of the day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_O%27Connell_(footballer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fleck_(footballer)

According to both wiki pages they play for Sheffield United. Might be a bit premature.

Jack William O'Connell (born 29 March 1994) is an English professional footballer who plays as a defender for Sheffield United.

John Alexander Fleck (born 24 August 1991) is a Scottish association footballer who plays as a midfielder for Sheffield United F.C

Another snippet from Fleck's wiki page.

On 31 January 2009, Fleck was involved in a late-night brawl in a nightclub in Glasgow's City centre even though Fleck was just 17 years old at the time.[38] On 2 August 2009 it was revealed that Fleck had been dropped from the Rangers first-team after a training ground bust-up involving a bucket of chicken, with the then assistant manager Ally McCoist
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:44:01 pm by BoltonBlade »

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2016, 06:37:51 pm »
O'Connell confirmed done

As for Fleck, are we using the same fax machine we tried to sign him with last time?

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
O'Connell confirmed done

As for Fleck, are we using the same fax machine we tried to sign him with last time?

Looks like the repair man has sorted the fax - according to BBC they have both signed on 3 year deals. Pretty happy with the incomings so far.........no doubt my strawberries will be pissed on when we sell Che for a gobstopper and a curly wurley to warm a prem bench for a season before being signed for Mansfield Town next season.... :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2016, 07:15:40 pm »
I'm happy with the business done so far mate for sure.

1-2 more CBs and a target man then  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »
have we signed Jake Wright, the CB from Oxford?

also - in the side today was a Reading/Ireland U-21 player I think his name was O'Shaughnessy (or Paddy feckin Murphy or summat) - must have played his part in a 5-0 thrashing of the mighty Stocksbridge Park Steels. Dane will be gutted! He's a big SPS Fan.....the Blades are his second team  :ok:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:06:57 pm by lingsbord »

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2016, 06:32:44 pm »
Naughty!!!

I don't post much but I do read tha-knows.

I didn't go today because of Sea Cadets etc but overall I'm happy with what I've read and also seen coming through the door at BDTBL.

DCL hasn't been confirmed as gone yet but he did have a medical at Everton last week.
From what I can gather, the Prem teams in the JPT are assembling young squads to compete in that cup..... this might be the reason for the delay as I know he was relishing the thought of playing in the First Team in his preferred and Natural role he grew up in (D/CM). Having talked to him at Sports Day the other week at school, he was delighted Tufty got the job and was looking forward to pre-season. That was the day before they were all due to report back though.

I'm really looking forward to the new season now too. I don't think we need much more signings. more gelling and fitness for me. Although I won't complain if Clarke and Killa do sign this week  ;)

I do feel that Adams will be gone by TDD though but I think w are equipped this time.

anyway, off to a wedding in Oughtibridge... laters fellas

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2016, 07:48:39 pm »
have we signed Jake Wright, the CB from Oxford?

also - in the side today was a Reading/Ireland U-21 player I think his name was O'Shaughnessy (or Paddy feckin Murphy or summat) - must have played his part in a 5-0 thrashing of the mighty Stocksbridge Park Steels. Dane will be gutted! He's a big SPS Fan.....the Blades are his second team  :ok:

Apparently yes we have http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/sheffield-united-jake-wright-3177052.aspx
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2016, 08:02:25 pm »
Cheers Vamps - recruitment's been good so far imho

Dane - just pulling your chain mate  :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2016, 09:34:02 am »
CW says no bid received for Che and a bid from a PL team for DCL has been rebuffed.

The EFL cup is in turmoil as most of the big PL teams have declined to take part so they're now offering places to academy teams in the Championship (I think someone else mentioned this elsewhere on these boards)... Typical football league and FA cock up...

Agreed Landlord - some good, solid signings so far.  All look to be squad players and no prima-donna wage stealers by the looks of it.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2016, 11:15:33 am »
I think that 3 of the new signings are all ex club captains so we should have strong leadership throughout the squad this season  :ok:

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2016, 05:32:02 pm »
I think CW has done well so far in his transfer dealing.

However, the proof will be when the season starts. I think quite a few of us were quietly confident at the start of last season. :^^

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2016, 05:40:27 pm »
I think CW has done well so far in his transfer dealing.

However, the proof will be when the season starts. I think quite a few of us were quietly confident at the start of last season. :^^

Confident with good reason too Bolts......more than matched Hull and Newcastle in pre season and Adkins's previous record.

The rest is history..........

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved