HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Transfer Window thread  (Read 38830 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Window thread
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 03:13:59 pm »
Don't shoot the messenger but here's something I just heard from a good source (first one also now confirmed on Donny web site)...

1. Alcock has agreed terms with Donny, clubs have agreed a fee for permanent deal and will sign in next day or so 50,000 plus add ons and sell on commission. 

2. The above, I was told, was "part of clearing the decks to enable 2 new 'big' permanent signings" but was also told there's still several more outgoing deals to be sorted before we can bring NA's targets in.

3. NA has chosen his targets.

4. Hammond's loan will be extended with a pre-contract agreement option to sign him permanently at the end of the season (I think they're holding out for more money IF we get promoted).

5. Edgar "may be" one of the 2 'big' permanent signings, the other may be Burn (that last bit is a guess - I admit it!).

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 03:39:35 pm »
Don't shoot the messenger but here's something I just heard from a good source (first one also now confirmed on Donny web site)...

1. Alcock has agreed terms with Donny, clubs have agreed a fee for permanent deal and will sign in next day or so 50,000 plus add ons and sell on commission. 

2. The above, I was told, was "part of clearing the decks to enable 2 new 'big' permanent signings" but was also told there's still several more outgoing deals to be sorted before we can bring NA's targets in.

4. Hammond's loan will be extended with a pre-contract agreement option to sign him permanently at the end of the season (I think they're holding out for more money IF we get promoted).

5. Edgar "may be" one of the 2 'big' permanent signings, the other may be Burn (that last bit is a guess - I admit it!).

Confirms what I've heard, although I guess it depends on what your 'source' is as I know we have similar dealings in similar areas.............
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 04:25:55 pm »

The problem with points 2 & 3 are that if we don't sort the outgoing deals pretty quickly, then there is a possibility that NA's chosed targets will already have gone somewhere else.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »
We need improvements in most departments Vamps, and I believe he would improve us at the back for sure. A striker and a truly creative CMF would be my preference though.

I agree. We do need a good target man up front to win the ball in the air. We need a good, creative CMF with an eye for goal. The current MF do not score enough goals.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 03:29:00 pm »
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-united-remain-keen-fulham-10713720

"We'll dilly and dally, dally and dilly until the player has found another home"

We need a big strong athletic CMer and ST as well as a LWer then we may have a chance.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 03:36:15 pm »
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-united-remain-keen-fulham-10713720

"We'll dilly and dally, dally and dilly until the player has found another home"

We need a big strong athletic CMer and ST as well as a LWer then we may have a chance.

Won't be coming without at least another 2 outgoings yet so don't get excited just yet!!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 05:01:34 pm »

Won't be coming without at least another 2 outgoings yet so don't get excited just yet!!

Can't get exited with the way we do things......

Just a couple of questions on transfers and the financial fair play rules.......

are we at our wage limit?

and does the proceeds from Saturday alter the current figures to give us some wiggle room?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 06:10:43 pm »

Can't get exited with the way we do things......

Just a couple of questions on transfers and the financial fair play rules.......

are we at our wage limit?

and does the proceeds from Saturday alter the current figures to give us some wiggle room?
We're above it at the moment......it comes down again this season to the limit that was originally imposed (65% of income) in line with the pro rata deal that was agreed when everyone kicked off. It's one of the areas we were screwed over by Clough - he brought players in knowing we had to get rid of others, but didn't (false promises) which is understandably why the board are insisting on the players going out first this time. 

I'm not 100% certain of when the clubs financial year runs but it's in line with the financial year so potentially yes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:13:30 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 06:29:27 pm »
What a crazy system that allows the likes of Bournemouth to totally flout the rules so they could get promoted and make bajillions of pounds so they can then pay their silly fine to the League.

It needs to be far tougher, so if you breach the rules there's a points deduction that can be applied retrospectively if necessary, but the stuffed suits don't have the balls.

I also think that the lower the division, the higher the % should be, to give clubs a chance of somehow narrowing the gap with teams above.

Our biggest problem is the sheer numbers of people sucking up the available budget. Summer sorts it out though, with 14 out and 3 or 4 back in we might be in a better situation.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 07:00:13 pm »
Would it be easier to release players not wanted? pay them off but not out of the wage pot, especially ones who are up for renewal in the summer. I'm sure there's quite a few that wouldn't command a fee anyway and it wouldn't cost more than waiting for a contract to run out. Not saying it's ethical and the PFA might have something to say  :whi

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 07:16:59 pm »
Would it be easier to release players not wanted? pay them off but not out of the wage pot, especially ones who are up for renewal in the summer. I'm sure there's quite a few that wouldn't command a fee anyway and it wouldn't cost more than waiting for a contract to run out. Not saying it's ethical and the PFA might have something to say  :whi

Well I'm not an employment lawyer, but I do work in the world of contracts and I suspect any pay off WOULD come from the salary pot because the buy out is effectively for remaining wages! If I release one of my contractors I have to give them 2 weeks notice - I can have them off site immediately but I still have to pay them the 2 weeks notice unless they've breached their contract.
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 09:07:46 pm »

Well I'm not an employment lawyer, but I do work in the world of contracts and I suspect any pay off WOULD come from the salary pot because the buy out is effectively for remaining wages! If I release one of my contractors I have to give them 2 weeks notice - I can have them off site immediately but I still have to pay them the 2 weeks notice unless they've breached their contract.

I guess if you wanted to achieve it though mate you could arrange a fee-type payoff that wasn't in lieu of wages and then have the wages contract cancelled "by mutual consent"

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 08:16:12 am »

I guess if you wanted to achieve it though mate you could arrange a fee-type payoff that wasn't in lieu of wages and then have the wages contract cancelled "by mutual consent"

Wonder if we could get rid of them on a performance related basis. We employed you as someone to score goals, and you are not performing well enough. Here's 1 month's notice.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved