HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Phipps being brave! Does he really want to hear the answers?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Phipps being brave! Does he really want to hear the answers?
« on: February 02, 2016, 08:09:25 am »
Well Jim - brave to come out with the statement but at least it's in an arena where you can expect reasoned responses - and those reasoned responses make it quite clear!!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/my-thoughts-sufcs-jtw-2016-jim-phipps

Not good enough - I've always been one of the more optimistic (and like to think reasoned myself and certainly appreciate the business side of things) but my patience is now wearing very thin!!!
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Phipps being brave! Does he really want to hear the answers?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:02 am »
Just plowing my way thru them. Some very articulated responses, and every one seems to be saying the same.

Well worth a read by all in the CB.

I will finish them after golf....

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:53:36 am »
https://www.facebook.com/jimphipps/?fref=nf

Some replies from his facebook page.

Told you the excuse book was on it's way.

I can understand having to run things within limits, BUT through NA the club have stated they've had at least 3 targets. When you get to the last day of the JTW and we've done no business then we know we aren't doing any.

NOW they are saying it's going to take 3 transfer windows,several points on this.

We've just missed this one.
We generally don't do Jan ones.
It's going to, on the one above, take at least 3 summers.
Also, Why 3 transfer windows?

It should take this summer only IMO, there are several players coming to an end of their contracts. Keep the odd one but clear most of them out. Spend some real money (for the division) for once, not freebees, tiny players from Scotland or poor players that have lost their way from above but good players from the same division that have a desire to play for us and are capable of higher.

For now forget the play offs Mr Phipps, we aren't good enough to win them with what we have, even if we scrape into them (which i doubt)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:16:37 am »
Loving the LinkedIn comments. Doesn't a lot of it show that we "armchair managers" actually DO know a thing or two when so many different people share the same opinion?

Central defence, pace and power in midfield and another striker. Haven't we all been saying the same for several years? Yet each new manager brings in slow-paced and slow-witted midfield journeymen and wage-thieves who have absolutely zero desire to achieve anything for this club.

The same old BS is trotted out year after year and it's made worse when you look at our progress set against that of the grunters. THAT'S game-changing investment lads, actually spending money! The only actual investment we can confirm has been made is the £1 HRH bought his 50% for, because the rest of any expenditure is arguably taken care of by monies received for Maguire, Murphy, and from our Cup exploits.

Unfortunately, this club is still sliding downwards. We haven't hit the bottom of our down-cycle yet. The team is largely sluggish and talentless, the tactics are dreadful, and if we don't get a point at least on Saturday it isn't going to be pretty down at BDTBL. If we get hammered 3 or 4, I can see the atmosphere becoming rapidly more unpleasant for the remainder of the season, right up until we're confirmed as unable to achieve promotion, when the shoes will come off.

In Summer, we'll have about 5 senior professionals left at the club, so Adkins will need to buy almost an entire new team, after which the excuse will be that they need time to "gel".

I know the January Transfer Window is irrelevant in isolation, but it does focus the attention on what we have, what we need, and what our glorious leaders are doing about it. My question is simple: What exactly ARE the Prince, the Turk and Jim Phipps doing here? What is the point of their existence in and around SUFC?

It's baffling to me that they're happy to oversee the continued running down of our club. Perhaps  it can be far more profitable running a good sized club in league 1 than at the top of the Championship, and so maybe they're keeping us here to milk it while it lasts. One thing's for certain though, those 19,000 attendances won't last much longer.

Anyway - bollocks to it - see you all at The Cat for vespers  :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 10:52:42 am »
I was listening to Radio 5 on the way home from Portman Road last night, and a good point was made when someone said the JTW was quiet this year - "All the well run clubs have already made their signings when the window first opened.  Who in their right mind, for example, would leave buying a new car until five minutes before the showroom closes and expect to be able to negotiate a good deal.".

Regarding Jim's comments, he doesn't mention any reference to 'six figure' bids for players the "football professionals" have done due diligence on (was the Burn bid a fallacy)?

Keeping Top Talent. We don't have any any more (apart form Sharp and the club wouldn't dare sell him).

"Three Transfer Windows to correct past mistakes" (including the one just closed).  So we're not expecting to do any business until the Summer transfer window of 2017!!!??

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:03:07 am by Roma »

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:54:19 am »
And by the way "The emergency loan window will open soon"... The proper loan window has been open since 1st Jan. Why wait until emergency loan window and limit our options.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:00:52 am »
You can also sign free agents at any time, so there must be players out there who could have a positive effect in this division and who we could have signed in december, let alone february!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:50:08 pm »
Well, I've trawled through them all. There are some very well written, thought out comments, as well as a very few numpty ones. I think JP needs credit for sticking his head above the parapet to take this stick. However, I suppose it will be like water of a ducks back and nowt will happen.

We still have a chance of the play offs, but they the odds are getting longer now that we have done sweet FA to address the issues.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:59:16 pm »
Bookies (well Betfair) now giving 6/1 for promotion, 25/1 for top two finish and 80/1 to win title...  1/10 to finish in top half.  11/2 to finish in bottom half.

Billy Sharp is 5/1 to finish top scorer (Adam Armstrong is favourite at 6/5).

Oh and by the way, odds on signing Burn or anyone else for that matter during the Emergency Loan window - Fuck All/Infinitum.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved