HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: I recognise that face.......  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: I recognise that face.......
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »
Nice one Dane lad  :DB

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 12:30:36 am »
You know, when you are out at sea for months at a time, mailies are the best thing in the world. There is only so much you can put in a small locker onboard, the rest you have to buy from a very expensive NAAFI, or that's what they called it when I was in. They say you can't spend owt out at sea but sadly that isn't true. The Royal Navy insists you shave everyday regardless whether you need it or not and showering is a twice to thrice daily thing if you didn't you soon did. Except Submariners, filthy crabfats showered once maybe twice a WEEK!!
Receiving these boxes of goodies were a highlight during a long voyage, no matter what it possessed. Books were always well received and passed throughout the mess. Shaving foam, razors, shower gel, even several tubes or Chocs or nutty were always shared and put throughout the mess. People who didn't get a Maily that time or had a "Dear John" were always comforted.... We had a Gronk Board and she would be Queen that month  ;) But Mail is a huge morale booster.

If you know anyone looking for a Pen Pal or just someone to talk to, these lads will take their mail every day of the week. And they are duty bound to reply to..... it's instilled in us to be gentlemenly. Exchanging photo's is also a really nice way to put a face to the name. I met many wonderful people this way...... some I'd rather forget too mind, being a serviceman (Bunny boilers spring to mind!).

Unfortunately looking at this pic, it isn't me. That lad is a Chief (3 prominent buttons on his sleeve) and he doesn't have a "Sea Cadet Corps" flash on his Uniform, that I currently have!! So sorry, that isn't me. I do know that when he said "they appreciate every parcel that comes", he isn't lieing! so if you can send them something, please do!! They deserve all our help!

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:44:25 am »
This is me in my uniform on 11th November outside School..... And had to visit every classroom afterwards too.....

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 08:46:37 am »
That's brilliant mate  :DD

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved