HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5339 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2017, 07:31:24 pm »
Enjoy mate, you know what happened the last time we all went there, a repeat of that scoreline would be just fine  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2017, 08:25:33 pm »
Enjoy mate, you know what happened the last time we all went there, a repeat of that scoreline would be just fine  :ok:

Twas a belter  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2017, 08:26:44 pm »
Well, managed to get tomorrow afternoon off so I can get to QPR should be interesting.

Nice one!

You up Satdi? And up for some beers??

Offline Sotonexiledblade

• Under-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2017, 09:50:22 am »
Nice one!

Yep up Satdi - see you at whatever hostelry is decided on and whatever time!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2017, 11:33:02 am »
Nice one!

Yep up Satdi - see you at whatever hostelry is decided on and whatever time!

:ok: Well it's only taken 3 months into the season to meet up for a jar or two!!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 31, 2017, 07:43:51 pm »
Can't help feeling a bit...well Eeyore about toneet  :(

No Fleckenbauer so could struggle.....I would play Carruthers instead rather than Lundstram and still go for it.

I predict summat not happened since March..............a draw! I'll take that now though  :ok:

Come on you red n white wazzocks!!!!!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 31, 2017, 10:43:22 pm »
Well that was pants

We wobbled when Leeds were in our faces

We lost tonight because they were in our faces

Our problem is we need time to play our game and the higher we get, the less time we'll have.

NO complaints, we get back on track by pissing on the Tigers

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:47:26 pm by lingsbord »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2017, 10:52:51 pm »
No big deal really........sounded like we were not bad tonight and lost to a very unlucky goal.

Would anyone else have taken 3rd spot at this stage if asked in August.........??

yeah, so would I  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2017, 11:14:23 pm »
Will you take 3rd in April?

See you at Holiday Inn Wembley Park in May

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »
Guys

Today is a sad day indeed. I don't really know how to break the news in the right way, but here goes:

We can no longer buy Thornbridge Beers  :yikes:

YES - that includes Jaipur.

Thornbridge have released a bottled beer called "The Wednesday" which features the offensive logo on the front to ensure there is no ambiguity.

As of this moment, they have NOT released "The Blade"

The conclusion has to be that the brewery is operated by members of the unclean fraternity, and I have disposed of my Thornbridge loyalty card in protest, together with the flailing of arms and gnashing of teeth that goes with making such a statement.

Hugely disappointing day all round really!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2017, 08:46:46 am »
I think we were stunned by the early, unfortunate goal. We had to chase the game, and we just couldn't create enough chances from our 61% possession (BBC).

I'm not too despondant about being third, although still being top would have been better. I think we all agree that we are in a better place than anyone had dreamt about.

Sorry about Thornbridge Lings. Carling is on offer in Morrisons :ok: :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2017, 10:50:38 am »
Having slept on it my conclusions are:

Had Blackman not hurt himself (hope he's OK) yesterday would have been a different result - even if we'd still gone on to play the disjointed way we did it would have been 0-0.  We'd looked dangerous in our first attack prior to the goal and seemed to be able to cut their defence apart - only happened a few times again after the injury.

The actual score could have been 3-3 - they missed a couple of easy chances, how O'Connell and Clarke didn't score first half I don't know...  Clarke could have had one second half and we wasted alot of opportunities to cross or pull the ball back from the touchline for a tap in. QPR missed one, posisbly two sitters too.

We gave the ball away too many times and players weren't on the same wavelength too often (even leaving the ball for each other on several occasions or passing to a player who hadn't run through on the overlap).  Even Coutts kept giving it away, maybe he was missing Fleck as his outlet.

Baldock going off is a bigger worry than Blackman's injury. He was beating the ground with his fists suggesting he was frustrated that an old injury has come back?  I love Bashambeaur but he's not a wing back...

QPR played like the away team.  They harried, closed us down and gave us no space.  When they got it it was always long and they won practically everything in the air all night.  We had such little space even we had to revert to hoof ball at times.

The ref was shite - for both sides.  That QPR player who faked an injury for a good 5 minutes deserves suspending when the FA fakery committee has a look at the footage (although Sharp could then be in trouble as he was clearly seen kicking him when he was down on deck - good lad  :ok: - I would have.).

Boro, Cardiff and QPR have now beaten us by scoring after a long ball over the top (Norwich did too didn't they?).  We need to have a plan for that.

We were very unlucky last night with the Blackman incident and I think that's the big positive to take from this. We can play our worse game of the season, away in London after a big Yorkshire derby at the weekend and be unlucky to lose against a team who were so afraid of us they played like it was a cup game. They had massive respect for us and their plan worked - but only just despite us having a major off night... The future is still bright....  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2017, 06:23:32 pm »
I think we were stunned by the early, unfortunate goal. We had to chase the game, and we just couldn't create enough chances from our 61% possession (BBC).

I'm not too despondant about being third, although still being top would have been better. I think we all agree that we are in a better place than anyone had dreamt about.

I kid you not Bolts, someone in The Tap yesterday asked the girl "which of these Pilsners tastes most like Stella?" What is the world coming to?

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 02, 2017, 08:52:35 am »

I kid you not Bolts, someone in The Tap yesterday asked the girl "which of these Pilsners tastes most like Stella?" What is the world coming to?

To be fair to them Lings, there is so much choice available these days, and these young snowflakes have no idea. When we were growing up there was very little choice. Probably 90% of people in the pub drank beer.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 201t
« Reply #329 on: November 02, 2017, 01:06:24 pm »

To be fair to them Lings, there is so much choice available these days, and these young snowflakes have no idea. When we were growing up there was very little choice. Probably 90% of people in the pub drank beer.

But isn’t that the beauty of it, you get to try them all and see which you like..........or is that just me???  :whi

Have been sampling some rather nice craft beers in Florida this week. Was gutted when I got to Epcot to discover they had a food and wine festival on - felt rather pished after my round the world pub crawl (Australua won btw with ‘Coopers  Pale Ale!’ although only really cos of the name!) Had a blinding Barolo in Italy and in France a rather tasty slush made with Grand Marnier, Champagne and Grey Goose Vodka - well it was hot and I needed something to cool down and get the taste of Escargot out of my mouth!!!

Sod it, going back to Epcot today!,,
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:15:14 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved