HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2017, 01:22:00 pm »
There's nothing like a full Bramall Lane  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »
 :DD :DD :DD

Absolute genius.........

Wendy kit finally goes on sale on Monday. £49 if bought before the end of November, and then goes up to £59!!! Is that so they can sell them at £49 in the Xmas sales??!!

It’s the gift that keeps on giving!!

The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2017, 06:56:33 pm »
Rio Ferdinand: "Dyche to Everton, then Wilder to Burnley"

Dean Saunders: "Leicester should appoint Wilder"

They can all fuck off. Blades will be above both in 12 months time  :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »
Have been walking up Jacob's Ladder to Kinder Scout and only just got home, so haven't commented on the game yet.  First half was outstanding.  We faced a team renown for keeping possession and they barely saw the ball first half.  We hunted in packs, kept the ball well, passed in little triangles, overloaded down the flanks and won the ball back when we did lose it.  That's almost line for line the Barcelona philosophy - who would have thought we'd be saying something like that about the Blades!?

Second half we started well enough but then tired massively.  Last 20-30 minutes we were mostly on the back foot and defending, leaving too big a gap in the middle for them to exploit.  That said, they didn't create much (apart from the goal) and Blackman didn't make a save all game.

2-1 flattered them to be fair, and 3-0 would have been a more realistic scoreline.  I'm just waiting for the bubble to burst and to wake up and find us languishing in the lower half of the table... It can't be another promotion push - can it!?

BTW - McGoldrick at Ipshit has 3 months left on his contract and it was in the East Anglian Daily Times today that he's torn and has a big decision to make come January.  Would be an excellent signing for us I think, assuming we have that kind of money available as I'd expect him to be about 3-4m.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2017, 08:57:43 pm »
Well you would hope and expect a large amount of cash available to CW in Jan if we are still in the running  :ok: Even KM isn't that dumb

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 24, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »
The porcine lot from South Barnsley really are pathetic.  I remember when we played Hull in the Semi Final at Wembley and they were tweeting to wish Hull good luck and one Hull fan completely burned them.

Now they're tweeting #efc and #everton to "advise" them to take a look at Wilder as their next manager.

What a bunch of lady bits they are...

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »
47 years old but running around the garden outside the office like a child because Mark Duffy just commented on one of my Tweets  :ok: :DD

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2017, 01:52:05 pm »
My view on Saturday (I haven't been running anywhere since I buggered my ACL) was first 10 mins or so its looked fairly even, although we were certainly creating the better chances - from then on though we completely dominated the football and fully deserved to be in front and probably by more goals.

As Roma said second half started OK, but then we just sat back and let them come at us - I wasn't surprised in the least when they scored, you could see it coming. Also coincided with Lundstrum coming on, further cementing my views on him!

Thought Baldock had an outstanding game and would have been any MotM - the through ball for Duffy to square for our first goal was superb - although I can't take anything away from Coutts either.

Good to see Billy back on the score sheet after his injury. Bit of a break for me now - next game will be Fulham, although thankfully now the Weeds game has been put back to Friday night, I'll get to watch that from the airport. 

Onwards and upwards Blades - see you in 3 weeks when hopefully we'll be top  :whi :whi
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2017, 07:04:53 pm »
We'll be top before you take off mate  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2017, 11:07:02 pm »
We'll be top before you take off mate  :ok:

Told ya!  :ok:

Funny thing is, I agree with CW that it was probably the worst we've played for a while. We gave the ball away an awful lot in that second half and looked a bit disjointed at times, yet all the press are hailing a "superb performance".

To be fair Leeds were in our faces much more than anyone else so far this season and that's going to knock us off our stride, but for the second game running we should have been at least 3 up by HT.

We were playing at about 70% tonight, yet we still beat Leeds away from home and they were our closest rivals. Wilder is rapidly becoming a legend in football, not just at BDTBL, but I honestly can't see him going anywhere while we're on this upward curve. Bottom half of PL? No chance. Top 6 PL? He doesn't have a foreign surname so there's no chance. The more I think about it the more I don't see an ideal fit for him anywhere.

No I think he's going to see the project through - he just needs support from the Board when he asks for it, and they would be dumb not to provide it. However, if he gets fed up and he feels unloved, I hate to say it but I think ........ no I won't say it, but a club I used to like a lot before we fell out with them causes me some concern.

I truly hope CW does a Surralex and stays here for 20 years.

UTFB!!!!!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2017, 08:26:41 am »
Have to agree with Lings. I thought we going to lose it in the second half. Not the best performance, but another 3 points, happy days.

Nice to see Brooks score. Hope it is the catalyst for many more.

I don't think a lot of players in the PL, especially foreign ones, would welcome CW. He would make them train hard, play hard and fight. it's not in their make-up I'm afraid.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2017, 06:04:53 pm »
average 2 points per game almost guarantees promotion. we're at 2.14  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2017, 11:10:47 am »
I friggin love Wikipedia!!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2017, 05:08:33 pm »
Quality that Vamps!

Gotts love this tweet from Billy Sharp.......

Offline Sotonexiledblade

• Under-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2017, 07:02:18 pm »
Well, managed to get tomorrow afternoon off so I can get to QPR should be interesting.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved