HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5176 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »
England are 25/1 to win next years World Cup.

For those who don't understand betting, that means that if you put £10 on for England to win......

........you will lose £10  :whi :roll:

;D ;D ;D

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2017, 09:20:21 am »
I don't watch England either. Most of the players don't even want to be there, they don't sing the national anthem, and don't care that the fans have paid a lot of money to watch them.

I watch SKY on the red button. I can then swap between matches depending on what is happening.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2017, 02:41:27 pm »
Anyone find watching England is like watching the Blades under Adkins?

Lethargic build up.  Sideways and backwards passes.  Crosses and set pieces never beat the first man. A team of individuals not a team...

I was a gibbering wreck by the end of the game...  )O(

Worse than that mate...but it shows there's a lot of interference by the F.A. because Roy Hodgon isn't a bad manager and they played exactly the same. It's all about franchises and not football with the F.A. I feel sorry for some of the players who have vast talent in that team i,e, Walker, Cahill, Kane etc they are being stifled by whoever is interfering.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »
There is only one man who can make England great again.

Unfortunately he is busy making Sheffield United great again so they can fuck right off.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 09, 2017, 04:07:14 pm »
There is only one man who can make England great again.

Can you imagine the first meeting with the FA. "So Mr Wilder, we hear you're partial to a bit of 3-5-2 and marauding wing-backs, 100% effort and passing the ball short and quick in neat little forward moving triangles"...  "Well, there'll be none of that here.  The wing-backs might get a bit tired and go back to their clubs with aches and pains.  We might upset Jose and we can't have that.  And keeping the ball close means the players might get tackled by the opposition.  A tackle requires a challenge and a challenge can lead to all kinds of knocks and bruises.  We can't have millionaires getting kicked, it might upset their agents.  And what's that? You want to pick players who want to play, who are playing on form for their club week in week out?  Oh dear Mr Wilder, you are funny.  Why would a Premier League player want to put effort in in a field in Estonia? And heaven forbid they break into a sweat in the World Cup knock out stages - their new tattoos might run... What? You'd rather pick Championship players that are getting game time than a super star who sits on the bench. Really? I think we've made a mistake. Someone call HR and get the lawyers in here quick!!!"

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 09, 2017, 04:12:47 pm »
Nice one Roma :ok: :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2017, 09:50:03 pm »
Clough, denied because he would have told them like it was

Venables, removed because he just wasn't one of them, and he told them like it was

Wilder, see Roma's post, he'd last 5 minutes before he told the lot of them what he thought.

The national side is permanently fucked. Wilder's side is on the crest of a wave. Come on Blades, and though it saddens me to say, Fuck Off England. It's a corporate fashion show interrupted by the presence of a ball.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2017, 09:53:10 pm »
Had great fun winding up Wales fans asking if, as Brooks didn't play in either of the last 2 games he was called up for, he might be available to go to Russia for the World Cup with a team that's actually qualified.

OOOH! They are such potty-mouths. They really didn't like the "new Bale sat on the bench" comments either!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:59 am »
Had great fun winding up Wales fans asking if, as Brooks didn't play in either of the last 2 games he was called up for, he might be available to go to Russia for the World Cup with a team that's actually qualified.

OOOH! They are such potty-mouths. They really didn't like the "new Bale sat on the bench" comments either!
Bastards ruined my 10/1 acca...  )O(

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2017, 07:44:31 am »
This is the script for the proposed sequel to When Saturday Comes, as mentioned in the Stir.

I'm not entirely sure this isn't a wind up, judging by the quality (or lack of it) in the script...

http://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/WhenSaturdayComesRedemption.pdf

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:52 am »
Complete wind-up mate.

It's absolutely terrible (OK I stopped at Page 6)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:55:51 am by lingsbord »

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 10, 2017, 12:03:32 pm »
I've got a loose idea for a script - bit far-fetched but the best stories often are:

It's about a young lad with a sticky-up hair cut.  He realises his dream to be ball boy at his favourite football club.  He then goes for a trial with the same club and they like what they see.  He then works his way trough the school boy ranks, making his professional debut at age 20.  He then plays over 200 games for his beloved club.

Later, after he retired from football, he gets his coaching badge then lands a role as assistant manager of a club in a small, industrial, smokey town in Lancashire.  He forms a bond with his boss but when a job to be in charge of his own team, albeit a non-league side, comes up he has to take his chances.  After a while he realises he needs some help from one experienced head and his old boss has just been sacked, so he persuades him to become his assistant - the roles are reversed.

The partnership works and the two of them form a cohesive, effective unit. They guide their non-league side into the football league but then the fans get restless, wanting more of the same but quicker.  He ends up being replaced and moves on to another side in the same division.  They win the league in their first year despite financial problems and the club almost folding.

Then, the dream comes true.  His old boyhood club has fallen on hard times.  It's fans are revolting, the team is struggling in the old 3rd division.  He takes over his old club, and together with his loyal, quiet assistant they win the league with record points at the first attempt.

Then there's a sequel.  In the follow on film the young manager takes his beloved team up to the Premier League the following year, setting the Championship alight with his flowing football...

That's what I thought - too unrealistic - no one would ever buy the concept...

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2017, 03:38:53 pm »
Some people have too vivid an imagination  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2017, 12:41:53 pm »
Is it Saturday yet - god I need a Blades fix........aint it great to feel that and be looking forward to a game rather than thinking I wonder if we might turn up this week and make my weekend!!

Pre match plans anyone?
Is the Donkey joining us?
Is that nutter from the south coast avoiding a sore arse and actually going to attend a match (have to say the extra elbow room has been quite nice  :DD?)

Back to The Bath or frequenting somewhere else? 
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2017, 12:47:33 pm »
Sadly I can't make the next 2 home games but I can make Dull on 4th Nov  :ok:

Landlord, may I please take you up on your offer?  :ok: :DB

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved