HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2017, 05:26:51 am »
I'm in Liverpool again this week, so depends what time I get back as to whether I make it for a beer or meet you at the ground.

If you do move from The Tap let me know.
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2017, 12:04:55 pm »
Would anywhere else be easier Vamps? (The Globe in Glossop isn't an option btw!)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2017, 01:22:41 pm »
Would anywhere else be easier Vamps? (The Globe in Glossop isn't an option btw!)

All sorted - will be in The Tap will be aiming for around the same time as the equine one - he can't possibly be Eeyore after this weekends result!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2017, 01:44:16 pm »

All sorted - will be in The Tap will be aiming for around the same time as the equine one - he can't possibly be Eeyore after this weekends result!

Should be Champion The Wonder Horse at the moment!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »

Yeah, but it will probably be a case of "after the lord mayor's show" midweek  :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2017, 05:06:21 pm »

Yeah, but it will probably be a case of "after the lord mayor's show" midweek  :whi

......aaaaaaaaand, he's back!       :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2017, 03:06:30 pm »
Sorry to say it, but I kinda agree with the burro!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2017, 03:12:53 pm »
Bloody hell we're going to have to quarantine the donkey for a while. It's catching!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2017, 03:31:41 pm »
Sorry to say it, but I kinda agree with the burro!

I didn't really mean it!!!

However, I think that Wolves may have too much quality and they are better away from home at the moment. If we do lose to them though, they will know they've been in a tough match and our effort levels will not have dropped after Bouncing Day.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2017, 04:21:25 pm »
No disgrace to lose tonight, you can't win 'em all and Wolves have spent big and are flying just now. However, we certainly shouldn't be afraid of anyone and we do have the quality to win any game.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2017, 07:42:10 pm »
Go at them and what will be will be, i'll be happy with a point

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2017, 10:51:18 pm »
WOW! - Wolves started brightly to be fair until  "once a Blade" Conor Coady got himself sent off, but the best sides can raise their game when down to 10 men and we spent most of the rest of the game showing how we are off to an excellent start in this division. In the second half it was clear that our job was to protect what we had, especially at 2-0, but apart from a few flurries (Blackman made 3 saves in the entire match) Wolves just weren't at the races tonight.

I fully expect then to be up there at the end of the season as they clearly have pace, ability and HEIGHT! but tonight we were brilliant, especially first half when Brooks tore their entire side a new arsehole (he was quieter second half).

Thanks to their £15m man for missing the penalty (the spanish Jordan Rhodes?) but overall we were full value for the win.

Hilarious that the Pigs lost to Brum, and they have Leeds at the weekend so either they lose, which would be even more hilarious, or they win, which helps us!!! Hahahahahaha

It's good to be a Blade

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:43 am »
Well - thoroughly enjoyed last night and once again we seem to have played a team who’ve had a nightmare - we must be so lucky to be playing all these teams just at the right time!!

Can’t add much more than Lings really - but oh my god Coutts is becoming a sensation!

In fairness to the Wolves fans though, some very magnanimous views posted post match, in complete contrast to many of our poor suffering downtrodden neighbours
https://roysviewfrom.wordpress.com/

I know Sharp is on a bit of a rehabilitation plan right now which has about a week to run, but when he’s fully match fit, does he really get back in the side. First half in particular, the link up play between Clarke and Brooks was excellent - look like a really good partnership. That starting spot is theirs to lose for me right now.

The Landlord!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2017, 09:04:00 am »
Not my work, but read this and thought it was funny so I’d share:

What a fairytale story at the moment..we met the little piggies and sent them bouncing home with their little tale between their legs..then the big bad wolves came and huffed and puffed but couldn't blow Bramall lane down..now it's time to meet little red riding hood down at the FOREST...what a story so far..to be continued..UTB.
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2017, 09:28:26 am »
Well, last night was shite...

My iFollow feed that is. Less than 2Mbs on the VPN meant the video stream was stop starting all night - as Bolts suggested it was "bouncing"... Thinking about it, it did stop bouncing around when Duffy came on 2nd half  :ok:

Anyway, from what I could work out we were awesome again.  Not the highs of Saturday obviously but we controlled the game and although they came back a bit 2nd half (until after the penalty miss) we were coasting to be fair.

I was impressed by Wolves to be honest because down to 10 and they kept chasing and harrying.  They could easily have given up.

But I'm more impressed by how we controlled the game and exploited their lack of numbers.

To be fair on Coady (some of the Wolves fan seem to be blaming him) he stopped a probable goal the form Clarke's in - so he took one for the team.

I agree with Vamps, Coutts looks like some kind of Real Madrid player at the moment the way he's strutting around, always making himself available and running at opponents.

If I had just one tiny criticism of last night it would be needing a quick, powerful striker who can suddenly run through or behind the defence.  Sometimes our passing game was allowing them to just throw men behind the ball so someone who could switch the approach would have been a bonus - and we have that man in the recovery suite - Donaldson.

The Wolves fans seem to have been one of the early ones to to wake up the the actual threat we are as a unit.  The others will start to catch up now, so we can expect tougher games coming up.  More of the Norwich approach - 10 men behind the ball, waste time, cheat etc etc.

I'm just going to enjoy it whilst we can...  :ok:

Nice story Vamps  :ok: :DD
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:31:16 am by Roma »

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved