HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5382 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »
Sorry Bolts, as far as I'm concerned even Manchester's a Lanc town. Otherwise, Lancashire Cricket needs a new home or they need to call themselves Greater Manchester County Cricket Club.

If it makes it more accurate for you though, let's call it "where a small tinpot Greater Manchester club really belongs" because "a small town near Manchester" is actually more insulting, so I like it.

Edit: Parkinson blaming bad luck and bad refereeing last night for the result and claims they only lost to a "scrambled corner". In the end Parky, you are BOTTOM of the League because you are fucking awful and managed only 1 or 2 attempts on target at home. You were outplayed and out-thought on the night by a team far above yours in quality and intelligence. You cannot keep on rolling out the poor referee and bad luck lines as the season gets away from you. You'll be gone by Christmas mate - start working on that CV you bloody mardy-arse.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:14:45 pm by lingsbord »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2017, 09:44:15 pm »
He'll be very lucky to last till Xmas if things carry on like they have.....end of Oct is my bet.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:43 am »
Bolton fans are even more deluded that the snort beasts from S6.

Atwell was shite, but we knew that would happen before the game and he was shite for both sides.  Madine for example was shown a yellow for an elbow.  An elbow is either deliberate or accidental. There aren't degrees of deliberate elbow. If it was a deliberate elbow (and he gave the FK so it must have been) then it was a red, every day of the week.

Personally, I thought Lafferty was going to walk and was surprised and pleased he didn't. 

Is anyone else noticing the pattern forming.  We beat teams and their fans jump on their backs claiming their players performed badly. At what point will teams realise its the quality of Sheffield United and Knill/Wilder's tactics that are making them look shite? UTB.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2017, 09:02:02 am »
He'll be very lucky to last till Xmas if things carry on like they have.....end of Oct is my bet.

He will last longer than that.

They have no money to sack him and pay off his contract. Would any manager worth his salt move to a crap team with no money to spend on players, a transfer embargo in place, and a salary cap of £2,000 a week they can pay anyone coming in on loan.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2017, 09:11:30 am »
Sorry Bolts, as far as I'm concerned even Manchester's a Lanc town. Otherwise, Lancashire Cricket needs a new home or they need to call themselves Greater Manchester County Cricket Club.

If it makes it more accurate for you though, let's call it "where a small tinpot Greater Manchester club really belongs" because "a small town near Manchester" is actually more insulting, so I like it.

Nobody likes Greater Manchester, and now we have the elected mayor the small towns are getting fcuk all from him. Funnily enough, a lot of people say when asked where they live - Bolton, which is just north of Manchester, as no bastard has ever heard of Bolton.

We will have to change the name of the mighty YCCC to South & West Yorkshire CCC. We will have to stop playing matches in Middlesborough as that is in Tees Side.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2017, 09:16:33 am »
There are extended highlights of the game on the OWS (no need to be an iFollow member).

Just watched them back and I still can't see any clear cut chances that suggest Bolton deserved to score and therefore deserved a point.  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2017, 10:27:58 am »

We will have to change the name of the mighty YCCC to South & West Yorkshire CCC. We will have to stop playing matches in Middlesborough as that is in Tees Side.

Oh I disagree my fine 'Greater Manchester' friend. Well known Quiz question and unless they've recently moved the boundaries, Middlesborough is very much in North Yorkshire.

There are extended highlights of the game on the OWS (no need to be an iFollow member).

Just watched them back and I still can't see any clear cut chances that suggest Bolton deserved to score and therefore deserved a point.  :ok:

As I remember it they had one shot which was cleared off the line by a header (as did we) - so both of those going in and it's still a Blades victory.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:34:03 am by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2017, 12:32:40 pm »
Did my ears deceive me or was Coutts Captain on tuesday night even though Sharp was playing?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2017, 01:23:16 pm »
Did my ears deceive me or was Coutts Captain on tuesday night even though Sharp was playing?

Sharp Captain - baton handed to Coutts when Sharp went off.
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2017, 01:38:33 pm »
Cheers. Wine moment.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2017, 02:14:28 pm »

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2017, 09:08:42 am »
https://roysviewfrom.wordpress.com

I think this is the most negative set of "View From" fan previews so far.

For a change only one comment really makes me laugh and call out "deluded!" - the one where he thinks we will see Norwich City as a "big scalp", which eludes to the delusional belief that they somehow think they're a big club.

Anyways, they're all expecting the worse and hoping for the best - so looks like our winning run is coming to an end.   :roll:

Oh, one other comment caught my eye, the one about they hope we try to attack them and leave them spaces to "play their football in".  Well, we only know one way of playing and that's attacking, but if they think that's going to give them space to play in then good luck with that one  :DD

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2017, 06:31:26 pm »
In the end Roma we didn't give them space to play in, we just gave them the ball too much and completely stood off while they scored their goal. Punt, head, pass, shot, simple as that.

I've never seen a team go 1-0 up at such a relatively early moment in the game and then start blatant timewasting. Their 23, giving it to the kop when they scored broke his spine, his neck, and his leg but still managed to avoid the stretcher and carry on playing. Their keeper was inciting the crowd all game and wasted as much time as possible, which could have been nipped in the bud with one warning and then a card, but the ref chose to warn him all 17 times instead. No doubt the Blades will be fined for the moron who threw his bottle of pop on the pitch but boy did that keeper wind the kop up.

On to us then. We played some nice football at times and worked the ball out wide nicely, but when you have 3 players on the wing playing triangles, there's no bugger in the box so why toss it in to a defence with 5 in a line clearing everything with no pressure at all?

Apparently Ched played "through the pain barrier to repay the fans" - well he might as well been in fucking Rhyl for all the good he did. He was only in the thick of things twice, both times he was out wide smashing balls across the box when there wasn't a Blades shirt within 25 yards.

What bothers me is Clarke's absence for "personal issues", Sharp's absence due to "injury" and the same with Donaldson. IMHO Wilder is so stoked up about the derbu he's deliberately rested Sharp and CD for that match. Now, if we don't get anything across town the gamble will have truly backfired because make no mistake if we'd put any strikers out today we would have won that game. Norwich were competent and tidy and defended very well, but only because they weren't put under any pressure. If Sharp and/or Donaldson were fit today they should have played. 3 points today and take the risk, not give away 3 points and hope for the best in what is, after all, an away match next time out.

I think he's dropped an almighty bollock today, and Sharp and Donaldson are the only 2 strikers we have who can cut it in this League.

MOTM? Basham for me, with Coutts close secondas he ran out of ideas and passing accuracy as the game went on.

Finally a mention for Nathan Thomas today, came on late in the game in difficult circumstances and had a real go.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2017, 07:34:19 pm »
Agree with most of what Lings said, I was really surprised not to see Sharp or Clarke. Ok if they were injured then fair enough but to put Ched up front on his own was a mistake, why not put Hanson in rather than risk Ched breaking down. On Ched, I thought he did ok but got no service into him and ye at times we had no one to pass to in the area because there were more players out wide ( very Adkins/Cloughesque )  The two crosses in from Ched that Lings is on about were created through good work from Ched but what else could he do with no one in there to pass to? in the end Ched got a full game, which is good and so did Brooks, who is a real talent. Can't fault the work rate and we did play well overall and keep playing that way we'll win more than we lose. 

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved