HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5363 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:32 pm »
Bogle would be ideal mate. I was disappointed that we didn't go in for him before, but I guess he wanted higher than L1 and we needed a "Hanson" to help us out of it.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2017, 10:03:34 am »
Magic hat and Edna named in The Sun's team of the weekend  :ok: (yeah, I know, it's only the Sun!)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2017, 01:20:13 pm »
Yeah both were excellent. Can't imagine why Duff-Man didn't get in there

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2017, 08:39:00 pm »
If ever you wanted evidence of just how bad Adkins was for us just take a look at Calvert-Lewin. Couldn't get in a league 1 side and yet here he is now playing alongside Rooney in the Premier League and looking class!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2017, 09:24:39 pm »
Adkins was clearly the king of bellendery at BDTBL - WTF he was thinking of I don't know. Billy Sharp his only saving grace.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2017, 11:29:06 pm »
Adkins was clearly the king of bellendery at BDTBL - WTF he was thinking of I don't know. Billy Sharp his only saving grace.

His levels of fuckwittery were pretty astounding as well

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2017, 09:10:55 am »
Jack The Hat in the Official FL Team of the Week

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2017, 12:45:38 pm »
One Chrissy Wilder.......

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sheffield-united-the-club-with-no-need-for-foreign-players-wn88dkm8z?shareToken=e38f71809982849ac87f442f86d8b204

That's because they are his 'type' of players - none of this rolling round on the floor with a damaged eyelash - only rolling Chris' players do is rolling their sleeves up and getting on with it!!!

Forgot we're on the box tonight.......is that gonna result in a low crowd? 
The Landlord!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »
That answered that question then..........

Although from what I'm hearing Leicester have sold their full allocation (bottom tier)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:20:01 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »
Blimey - looks like a low turnout on that basis mate. Still, we'll be there!  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2017, 11:10:10 pm »
Tonight was disappointing. 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection of the balance of play. We had some good chances, 2 penalty shouts, and we were fully in the game until they scored in the second half, immediately after we'd narrowly missed at the other end. After a brief pause we got going again. The second goal and the third immediately after, when Carruthers was trying to showboat on the edge of his own box, really killed it. For a change, we were a bit of a shambles defensively in that second half after a great first, but in the end it was all about pace. They had lots of it in the final third, we had absolutely none.

We spend a lot of time working the ball wide, we rarely go through the middle, but when you go wide and toss it into the box, if you only have Lavery and then Sharp in the box against 4 guys with snow on their heads, you're not going to win any of those balls in.

MOTM? Brooks by a mile. Everything we did that was good came through him. He won't be here long.

Other than that, I didn't think there was anyone out there who was saying to CW "Now you must play me on Satdi" so Wilder's selection headaches have largely gone away.

We desperately need 1 or 2 strikers (as Eeyore said, Hanson would have been very useful tonight) but please get people in with pace who can really attack a defence. Ched is not the answer!

Nice ovations for Harry tonight, he really showed how far ahead he is compared to the club he left behind.

UTB!!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2017, 08:36:25 am »
Pretty good summary there Lings. I watched it on SKY, and was in the chat room with Stabo, and we both said the same. Their pace did us in the end. I thought Baldock had a reasonable debut, but he didn't get back quick enough after attacking. May just be a fitness issue. Although conceding 4, Eastwood again looked composed, and made a fabulous save.

Nice to see Harry get a great reception. You can't blame him for going, and he does look to have progressed very well. Maybe an England call up soon.

I feel we may not have Brooks for much longer. It would be nice to start building a team around him, but we always want to cash in. It would be a shame, but unfortunately, the PL clubs have the majority of the money to spend, and they buy players just to stop the others buying them. Conte is moaning that he only has a squad of 68 contracted players.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2017, 12:52:57 pm »
For me there weren't any of the fringe players knocking ion the door of CW last night saying look at men, with the exception of Brooks. That game was a perfect opportunity for either Evans or Lavery to say - you need someone for the next couple of games and here I am - That may be a little harsh as the service into them was poor - Lavery certainly covered a lot more ground than Evans and worked harder. Personally I still don't see Evans as being fit enough yet - certainly if he starts, there's a sub almost guarantee to be used up when he needs to come off but I'm not sure I see Sharp and Lavery working together and there is certainly a lack of height up front with them two playing together.

Lafferty showed exactly why Stevens is getting in the side in front of him.

What was glaringly obvious to anyone with an ounce of football knowledge last night was the lack of pace we have in the side - yes we've been saying it since day 1, but in reality that's what beat us last night. First 15 minutes I said to Ash that you could see a difference in the quality, but then as we came into the game and stripped being scared of them we pretty much held our own for the rest of the half and we even debated, you know what, could a win be on here.

2nd half Leicester came out, upped the tempo and we just couldn't deal with it. I think we may have given in to a sucker punch and pushed on too much cos Leicester went to hit us on the break, did so with pace and clinical precision. I wasn't overly impressed with Lundstram and think he left big holes in the middle (although Brooks free role doesn't help there either).

All in all though it was an evening of a few beers, laughs and watching the Blades - exactly what we said pre match was the aim of the night. I think very few expected us to win and it means we don't have to get up at 4qm to find out who we've got in the next round.

Roll on Satdi - see the usual suspects in The Bath!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2017, 03:29:03 pm »
I'll bring the loofah

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2017, 04:20:54 pm »