HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5590 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 06:33:00 pm »
I want to like it, but it looks a bit of an afterthought, as if Adidas had got a few purple samples in a bag and decided to stick Blades badges on them.

Oh, you mean a bit like this

Yeah the ones that didn't sell in the Chicago shop last season

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2017, 07:03:14 am »
Due to the amount of spam posters I set the registration link to requiring admin approval.the intention being to weed out the crap and then slowly start going through the 1000+ members who are already registered and start to weed them out as well.

I check the members waiting for approval once a week. 196 requests this week and not 1 genuine! Keep up with those numbers and I won't be going through and checking existing ones either. Very high number of registrations coming from Russia at the moment.
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 03:31:01 pm »
This just in:

Heineken in Blades deal

"The three-year pouring rights partnership will see Fosters, John Smiths and Strongbow available on draft and Bulmers and Heinken in bottles across the concourses at Bramall Lane".

Great, so we'll arrive about 2 minutes to 3 then after drinking proper beer elsewhere.

I was going to bemoan the lack of proper beer at BDTBL, but to be honest most of the crowd only wants nasty fizzy piss anyway so this will probably be great news for the typical kop-ite  ;D

Dane will think it's his birthday!  :DD

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 05:22:18 pm »
This just in:

Heineken in Blades deal

"The three-year pouring rights partnership will see Fosters, John Smiths and Strongbow available on draft and Bulmers and Heinken in bottles across the concourses at Bramall Lane".

Great, so we'll arrive about 2 minutes to 3 then after drinking proper beer elsewhere.

I was going to bemoan the lack of proper beer at BDTBL, but to be honest most of the crowd only wants nasty fizzy piss anyway so this will probably be great news for the typical kop-ite  ;D

Thought the same!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 07:25:42 pm »
This just in:

Heineken in Blades deal

But on a brighter note, look what's on in The Bath - oh match day in two weeks time could be truely excellent!!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:25:00 am by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2017, 09:00:18 am »
kinell could you imagine going to the match after 4 of those?  :yikes:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 09:48:33 am »

Bovril could be spilt...... :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 11:16:55 am »

Bovril could be spilt...... :whi

Absolutely.......although after 4 pints of Jaipur Ten I probably wouldn't be able to say "Bovril"

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 10:19:48 pm »
Good competitive match today against a side littered with household names if you're a football fan. To be honest Stoke were very average and didn't really trouble us too much. I told Molly as they came out that they needed to keep the ball away from Shaqiri and sure enough he scored a very good goal, nicking the ball on the halfway line from a J O'C mistake, surging forward and playing a long one-two before firing past Eastwood.

It was nice to see Shaqiri get an ovation from the Blades fans as he went off later in the game, something which he acknowledged and appreciated. He was by far their best player on the night.

As for the Blades, we played a lot of very nice football with genuine attacking intent. Enda Stevens played very well, Carruthers too, and all the usual suspects had very solid games.

Eastwood looks a very capable young keeper btw. He made a couple of good stops and took some excellent catches from crosses. If it takes a couple of weeks to find cover/replacement, I wouldn't be worried about that.

David Brooks - this guy's going places. He can look a tad lightweight, and not all of his work comes off, but when it does he looks a player of immense quality and composure. He covers the ground really quickly and if he's this good at this age, God only knows how good he's going to get.

I'm going to wash my mouth out after saying this. He's like a young Chris Waddle but with pace! (Sorry).

In the end, hugely enjoyable at BDTBL tonight, and then new telly in the corner's nice :-)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 12:37:22 pm »
I've likened him to a young Paul Gasgoine but without the beer belly or the emotional baggage.  :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 06:22:31 pm »
Yeah Gascoigne. That's what I meant  :roll:

Is it too early to be discussing the hostelry of choice pre-match for the Brentford match?

Bath? Tap? Cat? Deer? Dog? Sentinel?

Offline Sotonexiledblade

• Under-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 08:48:54 pm »
It's never too early to discuss where pre match drinks should be! Looking forward to seeing Blades at Silverlake stadium tomorrow night, Eastleigh aren't a bad non league side and they've made some good signings. Local paper is making a big deal out of it as CW was an apprentice at Southampton and of course Billy was there. UTB

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 09:35:09 pm »
Enjoy the Eastleigh game mate - do you have a preferred pre-match vespers venue for next Satdi?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 12:00:02 pm »
Enjoy the Eastleigh game mate - do you have a preferred pre-match vespers venue for next Satdi?

Providing the beer is good I'm flexible.
- Do we know if the Donkey is coming yet? If so what's his mode of transport and does that dictate matters?
- Do we go with the silly football traditions and stick with The Bath, given how good it was for us last season, plus you can get served very easily - Pork butties are OK, but think they got worse as the season went on so doesn't become a deciding factor for me).
- Dev Cat. Probably the last on the list for me, unless it's improved considerably - I haven't been in since the last match we were in there for.
- Tap, will never say no to this place!
- Sentinel, nice and convenient for the ground but I know others don't like the keg stuff as much (or is it the prices?)

On a slightly different note - Got a pic from Mrs Vamps yesterday whilst she was out shopping - "Just seen this, would you like me to buy it for you?"

I think she might be a keeper (and I don't mean one to replace Moore!)!!!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:01:40 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »
Donkey is not yet sure whether he will be there but if he can make it, he will not be drinking and will meet you in the ground (or at the chippy  :whi)O( )O( )O(

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved