HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017  (Read 5556 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: New season, New League, New Banter thread - Championship Banter 2017
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2017, 01:06:39 pm »
Is it Saturday yet - god I need a Blades fix........aint it great to feel that and be looking forward to a game rather than thinking I wonder if we might turn up this week and make my weekend!!

Pre match plans anyone?
Is the Donkey joining us?
Is that nutter from the south coast avoiding a sore arse and actually going to attend a match (have to say the extra elbow room has been quite nice  :DD?)

Back to The Bath or frequenting somewhere else?

I don't mind where we go Vamps - I guess Bath or Tap but I'm happy to frequent an alternative hostelry too.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2017, 12:46:35 pm »
Is it Saturday yet - god I need a Blades fix........aint it great to feel that and be looking forward to a game rather than thinking I wonder if we might turn up this week and make my weekend!!

Pre match plans anyone?
Is the Donkey joining us?
Is that nutter from the south coast avoiding a sore arse and actually going to attend a match (have to say the extra elbow room has been quite nice  :DD?)

Back to The Bath or frequenting somewhere else?

I don't mind where we go Vamps - I guess Bath or Tap but I'm happy to frequent an alternative hostelry too.

Let's go to the Bath then - at least we know it's a) a decent pint and b) we'll get served no problem.

Quote from: Eeyore
Sadly I can't make the next 2 home games but I can make Dull on 4th Nov  :ok:

Landlord, may I please take you up on your offer?  :ok: :DB

No problem. Rather than peeing about getting the card back and forth, do you wanna get a replacement paper one for the match if I send you my details?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:48:37 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2017, 02:23:39 pm »
Vamps

Actually it would be a big help if we could do the Tap after all. My daughter and grand-daughter are here from LA and they're off to London for a couple of nights before flying home. They're going down on the train on Saturday at 2:20 so that gives me a chance to nip out of the Tap, say goodbye and get back in just in time for the last 'un  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »
Scotland have sacked Strachan apparently.  Serves him right for overlooking the two on fire midfielders he had at his disposal...  :DD

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:22 pm »
Vamps

Actually it would be a big help if we could do the Tap after all. My daughter and grand-daughter are here from LA and they're off to London for a couple of nights before flying home. They're going down on the train on Saturday at 2:20 so that gives me a chance to nip out of the Tap, say goodbye and get back in just in time for the last 'un  ;D ;D ;D

No worries - Tap it is. Soton joining us. We’re meeting at 12:30, but guess you’ll be after 1 so you can wash your hair!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:39:26 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:05 am »
Vamps

No worries - Tap it is. Seton joining us. We’re meeting at 12:30, but guess you’ll be after 1 so you can wash your hair!!

Each one individually :DD :DD

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2017, 09:05:40 am »
Vamps

No worries - Tap it is. Seton joining us. We’re meeting at 12:30, but guess you’ll be after 1 so you can wash your hair!!

....says the only man in the world with less hair than me  :ok:

I was trying to think of a witty response to Bolts, but the best I could come up with was "Fuck Off Bolts!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:20 pm »

No worries - Tap it is. Soton joining us. We’re meeting at 12:30, but guess you’ll be after 1 so you can wash your hair!!

....says the only man in the world with less hair than me  :ok:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm not the one arriving late cos I can't handle a couple of extra beers  :whi :whi
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 13, 2017, 08:50:01 pm »
yeah I'm not the one missing a match soon because he'll still be recovering from the "Session Pale" he'll be drinking  :ok:

right, fuck it I'll be there at 12:30

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2017, 08:20:04 pm »
Great win today. First half we ran them ragged and go in some greast positions without scoring. We're still a bit shot-shy and I think we're a Brian Deane-type away from being a tremendous side. We played some truly great stuff today (again) and it's great to be a Blade  :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2017, 08:41:53 am »
I was driving back from Birmingham during the game so had to rely on Radio 5 updates but luckily we were one of their featured Championship games.

The local press and fans' comments on their website are saying things like "Ipshit come up just short against another leading light", "We need to get the result as well as putting in the performance against the better sides" and "Sheffield ( )O() will be top six so Macarthy saying we'll not be far behind them just isn't ambitious enough".

One supported says we completely outclassed them, another said we were shite but they were even more shite (this one muppet said we didn't have a single shot on target - makes Basham's goal a wonder goal then - scoring it without it being on target!).

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2017, 06:12:37 pm »
Any Ipswich fan who thought we were shit is wearing the wrong blue and white shirt.

First half we were absolutely brilliant and no-one could say we didn't deserve to win that game.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2017, 09:24:12 am »
You always get a few with sour grapes and to be fair in this instance, he was still saying we deserved to win the game, but begrudgingly refuses to acknowledge the real reason why...

Watching the playback on Fooball on 5 and looking at the various press websites this morning, it seems we're no longer relegation fodder, nor mid-table hopefuls and we're not even the surprise package any longer.  We're "Promotion Contenders" now!  And we've been having injury problems... Imagine what will happen when we're firing on all cylinders once more  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2017, 12:31:09 pm »
Aint it great being a Blade at the moment!  :ok:

I actually don't think we played our best football on Saturday, but we certainly comfortably controlled the game and deserved all 3 points. I was a little concerned about how we'd cope without Coutts - I've yet to be convinced by Lundtsram but he didn't drop any clangers on Saturday and did what he needed to, so fair play. We probably had a few more balls going astray, being intercepted that when Coutts is in the side but we still bossed midfield. I know MotM went to Bash, but for me I'd have gone Duffy - he ran them ragged.

The injury to Freeman looked bad and reports since have suggested a dislocated knee, which leaves us with an interesting conundrum at RB now!

I also notice that its now our fault that our neighbours are so bad and the head pig keeper is under so much pressure. I actually want him to stay, cos I think they have the makings of a decent side and a new manager might just get them playing again! Long may the current status quo continue

Onwards and upwards (not too much further to go upwards in this league :whi ). Look forward to Reading now!!
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2017, 12:56:56 pm »
Hop you like it

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved