HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: 2017/2018 Transfer window thread  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: 2017/2018 Transfer window thread
« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2017, 01:36:23 pm »
Business Opportunity and not for profit??? - You're doing it all wrong Roma!!!  :DD :DD :DD
There are other ways of extracting money from a business other than profits... Come on boys, get with the programme  :whi

Now you're sounding like McCabe  :DD :whi
Shit rumbled. There goes my plan for the new Stadium Roma, a 40,000 capacity olympic stadium and park in the heart of rural Suffolk.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2017, 09:09:50 pm »
Yes, I'll manage the money  :DD

Oh Christ - This Dragon says "I'm Out!"  :DD :DD

How very dare you!  :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2017, 03:02:19 pm »
https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/report-credits-newcastle-and-west-ham-with-interest-in-20-year-old-sensation/

As if McCabe would even consider selling Brooks to West Sham...  :DD

I think a lot of these rumours come from lazy journalism as it's obvious teams will be keeping an eye on a talent like Brooks. 

Unless we do the unthinkable and get back to back promotions I can't see how we'll be able to keep him beyond this season and only hope we get a decent transfer fee for him - I'm talking in excess of 15 mil, maybe more if he keeps developing at this rate.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2017, 09:02:56 pm »
Bloody excellent news that Brooks has signed a new 4 year contract today. Happy days!!
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2017, 09:49:19 am »
HRH obviously pops into this excellent bar from time to time, to have a pull on a sheesha pipe of course not partake in the various alcoholic beverages on offer, and saw my post and thought "bloody hell I best get that Brooksy signed on a four year deal or I'll have the Crossed Blades lot after my blood!"...  :ok:

I don't think the extended deal makes him any more likely to stay with us beyond the end of this season (unless we're promoted of course) but I do believe it makes a move in January that little bit less likely and, if he did have his head turned by one of the big boys at some time soon, the transfer fee is likely to be 15 mill instead of 7 or 8...  If he keeps on developing the way he has this year, we could have our first 20mil player on our hands  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2017, 05:26:49 am »
HRH obviously pops into this excellent bar from time to time, to have a pull on a sheesha pipe of course not partake in the various alcoholic beverages on offer, and saw my post and thought "bloody hell I best get that Brooksy signed on a four year deal or I'll have the Crossed Blades lot after my blood!"...  :ok:

I don't think the extended deal makes him any more likely to stay with us beyond the end of this season (unless we're promoted of course) but I do believe it makes a move in January that little bit less likely and, if he did have his head turned by one of the big boys at some time soon, the transfer fee is likely to be 15 mill instead of 7 or 8...  If he keeps on developing the way he has this year, we could have our first 20mil player on our hands  :ok:

The clues were in Wilders interview - more than once he used the phrase “Immediate future”
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2017, 03:33:20 pm »
There has been a debate on Twitter between Kevin Gage and a guy called @wit-xx about HRH's funds.

@witt-xx claims that there is no money for January and that HRH is struggling for cash now that he's sold his shares in Saudi Paper Company.

Now, at first I dismissed this guy's input as heresay.  Sure, HRH has sold his shares in the paper company as he had to to take up the government role, same as he had to resign as chairman of the mighty.  But, he must have made a fortune on the shares he sold and I'm sure he won't sit it in the bank gathering dust - he'll be reinvesting it (hopefully some of it in the aforementioned mighty).

Anyway, what now worries me is that there was a post by the Sheffield Star with a photo of CW and "his close friend" Wit-xx enjoying a champagne reception at the house of lords the day after the QPR game. This has got me thinking the worse case scenarios.  Is @witt-xx actually well connected and in the know? Has CW moaned to him about not having any money to spend?

Tell me I'm just being ultra-paranoid!!!!  :roll: :^^

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2017, 04:45:09 pm »
You're being ultra-paranoid.

....aren't you?

tbh get Devante Cole in and we'll be OK with what we've got

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2017, 06:02:16 pm »
The Jan window will show our intent on this season, we have the team and depth to easily consolidate, but for me we need three quality players to cover, and give competition for places, for Fleck and Duffy and Cole to add to the forward options. We don't play as well without Fleck and Duffy and we don't have options for their absence.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2017, 11:53:35 pm »
Stabs I don't think Carruthers has done anything wrong, Duffy is just having the best season of his life. I trust Carruthers, and also Duffy is the player keeping Brooks out of the starting 11 so there's another quality bit of cover.

I'm a great believer in not screwing up a tightly-knit group in the dressing room, so I think Cole would be a great addition, and I honestly can't think of anything else we need for now.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2017, 06:39:34 pm »
For me Curruthers isn't direct cover for Fleck but I agree he hasn't done nothing wrong. Duffy ATM is hard to replace he's on such good form and 'The Kid' is being deployed more up front of late. Cole or similar would add something to the forward line options. I'm sure CW has his eye on a couple of players and may even go back for the lad at Charlton in Jan.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2017, 07:19:05 pm »
I see Carruthers as cover for Duffy, Lundstrum cover for Fleck/Coutts although Bash is perfectly good there as defensive cover (I prefer him CB or CMF rather than makeshift wing back)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2017, 04:00:54 pm »
I think Brooks is a more direct cover for Duffy, although I also like to see Brooks deployed as a false 10 (damn I used the term) when he comes on for Sharp.

Carruthers for me sits somewhere between Fleck and Duffy in terms of his ability and approach.

I can see Lundstrum as a (albeit not quite so effective) cover for Coutts.

But I can't see a direct cover for Fleck, which to be honest isn't surprising as he's one of those fairly unique players.  We could always put a cheeky bid in for Barry fucking Bannan as cover for Fleck. He'd do alright in our U23s until needed  :roll:

One player we haven't seen much of yet is Thomas.  He looks really promising and would love to see him develop into a first teamer, although I can't see where he would play as he's an out and out winger.  Maybe he can learn to adapt and play more central as cover for Duffy?

I'd also be looking at more cover for wing back.  We've seen how important this position is to our style of play and how vunerable we are to injuries in that position.  With the amount of work the WBs have to put in it's inevitible they're going to get knocks and strains.  So maybe a WB who can play left or right as cover (if such a thing exists - I played that role as a young man and it's true, I was equally shite left and right).

We also now need cover for Clarke... How about that fella playing in France - Neymar isn't it? He could learn alot as Leon's deputy  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2017, 09:04:33 pm »
I think Brooks is a more direct cover for Duffy

Agreed Roma, which is why I said "Duffy is keeping Brooks out of the team"  ;D ;D

I agree on Thomas too - he looks a very capable player. Maybe he could cover for Fleck if he has a tackle in him? He seems a strange signing to be honest because we just don't use wingers.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved