HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Oh Shit - get your tin hats out, it's been granted permission to appeal.........  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Yep - it's that Ched word!!!

Referred for appeal............I STILL don't want him back at the club, but for footballing reasons and nothing else.

If his conviction is overturned, his actions that night still show the depth and principles of the character and a technicality of law doesn't change that.

What I do know is the number of successful applications to the CCRC, that result in a referral, is in the low teens % wise. Those that go on to result in the original conviction being successfully overturned is in the high 80's % wise. He must therefore be feeling fairly confident.
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Referred for appeal............I STILL don't want him back at the club, but for footballing reasons and nothing else.

If his conviction is overturned, his actions that night still show the depth and principles of the character and a technicality of law doesn't change that.

What I do know is the number of successful applications to the CCRC, that result in a referral, is in the low teens % wise. Those that go on to result in the original conviction being successfully overturned is in the high 80's % wise. He must therefore be feeling fairly confident.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10018965/criminal-cases-review-commission-refers-ched-evans-conviction-to-court-of-appeal

Same sentiments as you Vamps......i was going to ask if anyone knew the figures of success. If he gets it overturned I hope these people who attacked the club, mob style,for allowing him to train hold their heads in shame, but I doubt it.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile

Agree that we don't want him back. Personally I don't want him back for both footballing and for his actions that night. He brought our beloved club into the headlines for the wrong reasons. I hope he is successful as I still believe his mate was as guilty as he was.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
If the conviction is overturned he becomes just another brain-dead over-paid footballer with an overactive dick and his brain up his arse, but NOT a rapist so he should be left to get on with it if he wants to get back into playing.

For me that means we don't have him back unless he can prove he is good enough to be better than what we have. If he's just another dickhead footballer then he should be given the same opportunity as anyone else, but I just wish the fish would jump a bit higher, then we don't need anyone else.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved