HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Match streaming for overseas Blades  (Read 952 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Match streaming for overseas Blades
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 10:03:36 am »
OK, I've logged onto the VPN in the office in Dhaka and watched the Stocksbridge goals with no buffering issues, although that's obviously not a live stream but archived playback.

OOKLA says I'm getting 230ms ping, 9.48Mpbs download and 0.94Mbps upload.  Should be OK to stream....

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 03:15:10 pm »
OK, I've logged onto the VPN in the office in Dhaka and watched the Stocksbridge goals with no buffering issues, although that's obviously not a live stream but archived playback.

OOKLA says I'm getting 230ms ping, 9.48Mpbs download and 0.94Mbps upload.  Should be OK to stream....

I wouldn't expect that part to be a problem - it's whether you can sign up for the service in the first place and having the ability to pay.
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 07:40:38 am »
I wouldn't expect that part to be a problem - it's whether you can sign up for the service in the first place and having the ability to pay.

The quality over the VPN was the issue for me.  The VPN is ours, in our Dhaka office so they can connect securely back to our UK servers for maintenance.  I can get one of our coders to sign up and pay and then claim back on expenses so that shouldn't be an issue.  Our live data centre is IP whitelisted so I have to access the VPN to tunnel back if I'm need to get involved for P1s etc, as my home broadband is a dynamic IP.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:42:49 am by Roma »

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 11:54:23 am »

The quality over the VPN was the issue for me.  The VPN is ours, in our Dhaka office so they can connect securely back to our UK servers for maintenance.  I can get one of our coders to sign up and pay and then claim back on expenses so that shouldn't be an issue.  Our live data centre is IP whitelisted so I have to access the VPN to tunnel back if I'm need to get involved for P1s etc, as my home broadband is a dynamic IP.

And everyone else reading is now either wondering what language we're talking or have gone to sleep  :DD :DD :DD
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 08:22:47 am »

And everyone else reading is now either wondering what language we're talking or have gone to sleep  :DD :DD :DD
Whereas, after reading it back, I think I came a little... :roll: :whi

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 09:53:09 am »

Whereas, after reading it back, I think I came a little... :roll: :whi

TMI...........

And you need to get out more!!!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 11:26:12 am »
get a room FFS!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved