HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Match streaming for overseas Blades  (Read 974 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Match streaming for overseas Blades
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:02:09 am »
I wonder f The a Blades will take this up........

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39797400

The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Match streaming for overseas Blades
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 08:43:11 am »
If they do I'll be jumping on the VPN back to the Dhaka office so I can masquerade as being overseas  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:09:27 am »
If they do I'll be jumping on the VPN back to the Dhaka office so I can masquerade as being overseas  :ok:

I have a VPN that can make me appear almost anywhere in the world - oh yes and an address in Spain!!!

Happy Days!!!  :ok:
The Landlord!

Offline Saigon Blade

• Under-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 07:42:59 pm »
Thanks Vamps--concerning the Live streaming.Wonderful for me whether I be in Germany or Saigon
                       Happy days to look forward to---Do you know if Utd are signed up to this Vamps? :^^

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 08:55:08 am »
Thanks Vamps--concerning the Live streaming.Wonderful for me whether I be in Germany or Saigon
                       Happy days to look forward to---Do you know if Utd are signed up to this Vamps? :^^

Yes they are. There's a news article came out on the OS about it after I posted.
The Landlord!

Offline Saigon Blade

• Under-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 07:55:08 pm »
Thank you Landlord--I will join this idea for sure. Been waiting a long time for something like this to
  materialise-- :DG-- 9 years since Benidorm meet !!!.. Time flies. :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 08:37:01 pm »
I'll soon have a Spanish address too  ;D

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »
Roma - had a play this weekend.

Looked like it was all going to be hunky dory, right up to the point where I was going to pay for it..........

For the payment, it's not just the address abroad, but also a 'billing address' abroad. So if you have a company credit card that gets billed to your offices in Dhaka, then you might be OK. Unfortunately, even though I can pay for the subscription through my Spanish Bank account, the billing address is my home address in the UK, basically cos the postal service in Spain is crap (if you've ever seen them on their mopeds with letters flying out of the panniers as they scoot down the road you'll know exactly what I mean!) and I don't want confidential bank information hanging around in a letter box for weeks on end, or worse still lying by the side of the road for some scrote to pick up!

Sadly, Game over. If I try using the Spanish address it rejects as potentially fraudulent activity due to the addresses not matching - damn those people who put these systems in place  :whi :whi
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 06:22:07 pm »

Looked like it was all going to be hunky dory, right up to the point where I was going to pay for it..........

For the payment, it's not just the address abroad, but also a 'billing address' abroad. So if you have a company credit card that gets billed to your offices in Dhaka, then you might be OK. Unfortunately, even though I can pay for the subscription through my Spanish Bank account, the billing address is my home address in the UK, basically cos the postal service in Spain is crap (if you've ever seen them on their mopeds with letters flying out of the panniers as they scoot down the road you'll know exactly what I mean!) and I don't want confidential bank information hanging around in a letter box for weeks on end, or worse still lying by the side of the road for some scrote to pick up!

Sadly, Game over. If I try using the Spanish address it rejects as potentially fraudulent activity due to the addresses not matching - damn those people who put these systems in place  :whi :whi

Come on Vamps - we all know you guys leave a back door open  ;)

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 08:50:29 pm »
I'll soon have a Spanish address too  ;D

So are you going to finally bugger off and leave us after all...............??

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 12:32:55 pm »
Yes mate but you'll have to put with me at least once a month. A bit like period pain  ;D

Got the office sorted, now working with a local agent to find the right house, but as he says there'll be so much choice from September after the season, so it could be late September before we finally shift over.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 04:41:11 pm »

Not that we admit to on a public forum  :roll:
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 12:44:57 pm »

Comes to us all with old age...  :'(

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 12:47:33 pm »

Cheers Vamps, useful to know.  I could maybe get one of the Bengali slaves (sorry, highly qualified computer scientists) to pay for it and claim it back on expenses.

It's typical though as when I emailed the iFollow helpdesk and asked if it was OK to use an Italian address but a UK credit card, they replied with a "yes, that's fine".  Shame the people that support the systems don't have the same understanding as those that set them up ;-)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 03:25:52 pm »

Cheers Vamps, useful to know.  I could maybe get one of the Bengali slaves (sorry, highly qualified computer scientists) to pay for it and claim it back on expenses.

It's typical though as when I emailed the iFollow helpdesk and asked if it was OK to use an Italian address but a UK credit card, they replied with a "yes, that's fine".  Shame the people that support the systems don't have the same understanding as those that set them up ;-)

Trying to cut them some slack, they probably wouldn't be aware if this - it's the banks AML systems that prevent it, although the front end GUI doesn't allow you to input a UK address as the 'billing' address, which they probably should be aware of.
The Landlord!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved