HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: JTW- what you heard?  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: JTW- what you heard?
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2017, 01:57:20 pm »
I've heard a rumour that we can loan him back if Moore got injured and the rules of the emergency loans window allowed, and that the price could go up to 2.5m if he plays in the PL, with a significant sell on clause too.

Now, considering most PL teams have foreign keepers these days, he would have to be exceptional to become a 10m or above player.  Maybe he is, but I've not seen evidence of that yet and think he's quite small for a keeper (that didn't stop Casillas though).

If he was a prolific striker, I'd feel differently.  But decent GKs for championship level can be bought for a couple of hundred k, a decent cover keeper even less.  Does Ramsdale really give us anything Moore doesn't.

So, that considered, CW now has just shy of a mil to spend and he could get a decent deputy for Moore with that and still have half a mil to spend on strengthening the side when we go up.

All things considered, i think this is a good deal providing we've got some good sell on and appearance clauses.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2017, 04:20:29 pm »
I've heard a rumour that we can loan him back if Moore got injured and the rules of the emergency loans window allowed, and that the price could go up to 2.5m if he plays in the PL, with a significant sell on clause too.

That might be OK providing that Bournemouth haven't got an injury and he is playing. Would they sanction a loan with us having a goalkeeper who isn't really a novice?

Lets hope Moore stays fit, cos he is the best we have had for a while.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2017, 09:26:04 pm »
Good move for Ramsdale, but it does leave us very light in experienced goalkeepers. As far as I am aware we now have Moore & Long plus whoever is in the U18's goal.

Not sure about Harrison. I don't think he will start many, if any, games. He might come on if we are struggling.

Chapman is an excellent player Bolts and I think he'll probably ease out Done down the left OR he'll challenge Duffy for a role behind the front two. Really nice player.

Goalkeeper sitch? Just hope Moore stays fit as you say. Long has been playing very well in U-23 but it's not the same when you have the kop baying at your back.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »
Really glad to see Bob Harris getting a deal at Brizzle Rovers. For the life of me I can't understand why we let him go. For me he's the mirror of Freeman and gave us great balance as a result. Hussey certainly wasn't an adequate replacement (yet?) and Lafferty.........is he really any better than Harris?

Any road up, in the forked-tongue one we trust.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2017, 01:20:11 pm »
Couple of things on Ramsdale.  First of all, apparently we're not allowed to have him back on loan as we have three capable "senior" keepers on the books so the emergency loan clause doesn't count.

Second, I've heard that Bournemouth now have 8 goalkeepers in their squad! WTF are they playing at considering they're right in the mix for a relegation battle now?  Anyway, irony is we could be playing in the same division as Ramsdale's new club next season.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2017, 04:28:29 pm »
Couple of things on Ramsdale.  First of all, apparently we're not allowed to have him back on loan as we have three capable "senior" keepers on the books so the emergency loan clause doesn't count.

Think you've put the inverted commas on the wrong word mate - the one before would have been more appropriate!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 09:24:51 am »
This was mentioned on What's App, but just putting it here for completeness.

Some of the other forum, and at least one, admittedly unreliable, tabloid are suggesting we're bidding for Lee Gregory for 2m but there are a host of Championship clubs also interested (yeah, and they're different because?).

Anyway, my mate (a very pretty blonde lady as it happens - shh don't tell Mrs Roma  :ok: ) works on Radio Millwall and was sat four seats away from CW at Rochdale Tuesday night.  Yes, as I explained to her, he's probably there watching Millwall's hoof-ball tactics with a view to the upcoming game, but rumours aren't anything without over elaborations after all...

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2017, 10:12:57 am »
This Lee Gregory thing's being doing the rounds for a few months. He's looking for a move back up North and CW's certainly an admirer. As you said though Roma, "Championship Clubs are interested" - yes, bloody right we are!  :ok:

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved