HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: JTW- what you heard?  (Read 4723 times)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: JTW- what you heard?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 09:50:02 am »
Soccerbase goes back to 2009 for him showing no goals, but Fulham's own website says he scored 13 goals in the 2012/2013 season.

13 goals in training matches :DD

He was only just 17 at the time and playing in the U-23s (still only 21). Seems he plays out wide left most of the time, so along with Done we'd have two left-sided attacking players that can't score  ;D

He must have something about him to be playing for Wales at such a young age and we were desperate for something down the left on Saturday.

Maybe, but if he that good, and can't always get in the MK & Fulham teams, then he can't be that well thought of.

Reed is a regular for the England U20's, so someone must think he has something about him. He is another one who can't score, and not likely to start many games in the near future.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
Soccerbase goes back to 2009 for him showing no goals, but Fulham's own website says he scored 13 goals in the 2012/2013 season.

He was only just 17 at the time and playing in the U-23s (still only 21). Seems he plays out wide left most of the time, so along with Done we'd have two left-sided attacking players that can't score  ;D

He must have something about him to be playing for Wales at such a young age and we were desperate for something down the left on Saturday.

Maybe, but if he that good, and can't always get in the MK & Fulham teams, then he can't be that well thought of.

Reed is a regular for the England U20's, so someone must think he has something about him. He is another one who can't score, and not likely to start many games in the near future.

Reed will never play for the full England team. Williams has played 7 times for the full Wales team. I prefer Coleman's judgement to that of a recently sacked L1 manager mate ;-)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:38 pm »
Samir Carruthers from MK Dons?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 08:23:13 am »

According to Sky it's on.
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 08:26:53 am »

Reed will never play for the full England team. Williams has played 7 times for the full Wales team. I prefer Coleman's judgement to that of a recently sacked L1 manager mate ;-)

I never said he would, and I agree, he never will. My comment about Williams is that he can't guarantee himself a starting position with MK Dons, hence I don't see him being someone that will be better than what we have.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 12:04:58 pm »

According to Sky it's on.

Confirmed - 3.5 year deal. Undisclosed fee, but given he's out of contract in the summer expect it to be small.
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 03:48:27 pm »
Good signing for me.

Competition and cover for already the best midfield in the league making it even better!

Just need cover for EEL, replacement for Chapman and a prolific strike partner for Billy, although I think Lavery will come good soon in terms of scoring his fair share.

The future's very bright  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 04:06:16 pm »
Yes I like the Carruthers signing - great age/experience balance and hopefully can grow into his role in the Championship :-)

Bolts all I'm saying about Williams is Wilder is no mug, and if he sees something in the lad I'm not going to question his judgement (yet!)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 04:22:28 pm »
Yes I like the Carruthers signing - great age/experience balance and hopefully can grow into his role in the Championship :-)

OK, you mentioned the C word so I'm going to talk about the elephant in the room and risk jinxing the second half of the season... How would this team cope in the Championship and what areas would need strengthening to either consolidate in mid-table or, dare I say it, have a crack at the play offs?

Some questions to answer? Will Billy, another year older, still be a prolific striker in the Championship? Is our defence solid enough? Do we have enough pace? With the love around the place at the moment, how many season tickets would we sell?

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 09:33:16 am »
I think we're in good shape Roma and I think our ability to survive in the Championship will be largely down to two very similar factors. The first, as you point out, is Sharp's ability to deliver at a higher level when next season he won't be far off 33 years old. The second is the acquisition of another dominant striker. With a powerful partner to play off I reckon Sharp has another good season in him for sure, maybe 2, but we can't rely solely on him. If Lavery can get up to speed quickly he's at a good age to develop with us, but I do think someone like Omar Bogle could do a great job alongside Lavery or Sharp and form the spearhead of the attack, like Callum Wilson did a couple of seasons back for Coventry/Bournemouth.

With the acquisition of Carruthers I think the rest of the side is good enough to make a decent fist of it without too much tinkering. As for season ticket sales, I can absolutely guarantee there will be at least one  :ok:

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »
Any more news on Joe Riley?  He tweeted to say he'd made up his mind which club to join but not heard anything since.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 10:06:20 am »
Any more news on Joe Riley?  He tweeted to say he'd made up his mind which club to join but not heard anything since.

His Wikipedia page has received an unofficial edit. First it says he's currently on loan at "top of the league" Sheffield United, which suggests it's written by a Blade having a laugh, and this view is cemented by the addition of "UTB" at the end.

I hope this piece of work turns out to be prophetic rather than a bit pathetic. We'll see.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 09:48:17 am »
Lets just hope this happens, and we can do a deal in the summer.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/866077389?-295:800:0

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 09:46:19 am »
I see Reece Brown who was released on Friday has joined Bury.
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 12:22:36 pm »
Apparently we'll be signing Lafferty on a permanent contract next week...

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved