HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: JTW- what you heard?  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: JTW- what you heard?
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2017, 05:44:17 am »

Be interesting to see how much he plays. If what I've heard is true, we'll see quite a bit of him in the first team squad...........(rumour btw is that when he plays Man Utd pay majority of his wages, when he doesn't we do).

Don't usually get excited about JTF but this is shaping up to be a good'n!

Lings I heard about O'Shea as well last weekend (and it's him that wants to come, not so much we've shown an interest - If we were to take a player from our neighbours, I'd prefer to take him over Evans TBH.

Mr Wilder - I salute you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:46:29 am by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2017, 02:01:40 pm »
Hopefully now Evans has extended his deal at Ches-Vegas we can all move on and forget about him.  O'Shea is a decent L1 player but doubtful he's better than what we already have, though we could do with a bit more cover, though Carruthers gives us options when he's back in Feb.

I think Riley gives cover for Lafferty and gives us a wide winger when we need to switch to 4-4-2 to combat 11 man defences.  I get that Done puts in 150% every minute of every game, but what I don't get is his all round effectiveness as a winger.

Now we need to sort out some cover for Freeman, although worse case scenario I expect we may be able to recall Brayford should we need to.

Interesting deal re Riley's wages, makes sense really if it's true.

Thinking ahead, we will need a striker for next season, unless Lavery delivers on the hints of promise shown so far. 

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2017, 03:16:42 pm »
I think O'Shea deal is dead now that Riley's overcome the hamstring injury

Evans? He hasn't signed a new 1 year deal, the club has triggered a 1 year extension, so anyone who comes in will need to pay a fee. We don't need him, he's another season away from being properly up to speed.

Shame about Carruthers but he's only a few weeks away.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 04:08:25 pm »
The Hanson deal is almost done - allegedly :-)

The fee is agreed, they're haggling over payment terms but there's no clear view on whether Clarke is part of the deal or not.

Clarke and Hanson left out of both squads yesterday.

Wouldn't be my choice, but we need someone in the box who can win headers so the wide men have some confidence to put a ball in. We would have won yesterday with Hanson on for that last 20 mins.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:32:28 pm by lingsbord »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 05:23:15 pm »
We definately lack height up front and I see Hansen as being a good option but not necessarily as a starter - the only thing I don't want is to revert to long hoofball cos we've got a big lummox up front

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 11:35:58 am »
Jay O'Shea is still on the cards despite bringing Riley in. Talks definitely happening between us and Vegas but looks like a loan, although his deal with vegas runs out in Summer anyway so if we want him on a permanent deal it can get sorted at the end of the season..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:35:59 pm by lingsbord »

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 12:30:28 pm »
There were a couple of teasers in CW's interview after the Gillingham game that I may have read more into than intended.  He heavily criticised the strikers, except Sharp, for not being clinical enough. He then dropped in that some had been knocking on his door saying they're not getting enough game time. I wonder if that "someone" was Clarke?  We definitely need a target man for when the passing game isn't paying dividends or we can't break 11 man defences down.  I wonder if CW thinks Clarke has had his chances and is pissed him off moaning he's not getting more playing time.  Bringing in Hanson gets us the target man and, if the swap rumour is true, gets rid of Clarke.  If so, this is at least decisive and much better than under Adkins who would have persevered with Clarke, or left him in the U23s stealing a wage...  Let's see what happens.

From CW's words I also assume Done will be on his way once Lafferty is recovered, as we have Riley to cover left wing-back now and Done has to be one of the strikers he was having a dig at for not being clinical enough.  I'm not going to jump on Done's back like some of the Blades' fans, but putting in 100% every game actually counts for nothing if the ball doesn't end up in the back of the net.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 01:45:09 pm »
O'Shea signing confirmed on OWS.  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2017, 04:40:01 pm »
Reports are that we may well lose Aaron Ramsdale today..........Everton have made a bid of around £1.5 million and also Bournemouth have come in late with an improved bid  :yikes:

This would really piss me off......can you imagine if Moore got injured and we had to rely on Long for our promotion push? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and thrice noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  )O( )O( )O( )O( )O(

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2017, 06:14:12 pm »
Adam le Fondre to Bolton on loan from Wigan

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2017, 06:16:21 pm »
Reports are that we may well lose Aaron Ramsdale today..........Everton have made a bid of around £1.5 million and also Bournemouth have come in late with an improved bid  :yikes:

This would really piss me off......can you imagine if Moore got injured and we had to rely on Long for our promotion push? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and thrice noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  )O( )O( )O( )O( )O(

I agree Ash, not a good move for us.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2017, 07:46:16 pm »
Everton supposedly not interested any more (will be back in Summer)

Bournemouth in talks

Why does the January transfer window not just end? Why does it always have to "slam shut"?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »
Chapman back to the end of the season.

Ramsdale gone to Bournemouth.

1 good move, 1 not so
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2017, 09:57:46 pm »
Very sorry to see ramsdale go

Delighted to see Chapman back. I really like this lad and I think he'll be signed permanently in Summer if we get up.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2017, 08:56:14 am »
Good move for Ramsdale, but it does leave us very light in experienced goalkeepers. As far as I am aware we now have Moore & Long plus whoever is in the U18's goal.

Not sure about Harrison. I don't think he will start many, if any, games. He might come on if we are struggling.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved