HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Congratulations God's Own County  (Read 941 times)

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
Congratulations God's Own County
« on: September 09, 2015, 03:40:07 pm »
Apologies to those CBers who don't like cricket, but what a superb season for Yorkshire winning back to back titles  :ok: :cheer:

Made even more impressive by the fact that for periods of the season they have been without Root, Ballance, Lyth, Bairstow, Rashid and Plunkett on international duty and also Sidebottom missing 5 games through injury!

And still 2 and a bit games of the season to go.....brilliant  :cheer:

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations God's Own County
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 04:31:40 pm »
Apologies to those CBers who don't like cricket, but what a superb season for Yorkshire winning back to back titles  :ok: :cheer:

Made even more impressive by the fact that for periods of the season they have been without Root, Ballance, Lyth, Bairstow, Rashid and Plunkett on international duty and also Sidebottom missing 5 games through injury!

And still 2 and a bit games of the season to go.....brilliant  :cheer:

Pity we are crap at 20-20, and blew the London cup semi after Lyth's great innings.

Still a great performance in the Championship. After all it is the one that matters.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:18:03 pm »
I prefer village cricket, the sound of leather on willow and the sound of empties clinking on their way back to be refilled.

However, I'm also delighted for Yorkshire - great performance. Is that 33 county championships overall? Tremendous achievement.

Just like "whack-fuck!", cricket's a game I prefer to play rather than watch, but whisper it quietly I'm quite proud to be a Yorkshireman so well done chaps.  :DB

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:30:17 am »
Let's hope a certain South Yorkshire team (playing in white this year - IK tenuous link!) can achieve the same with back to back league titles  :whi )

Great achievement as already said.  :cheer:
The Landlord!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved