HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Can't believe we've sold Murphy!!!!!  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Can't believe we've sold Murphy!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 09:09:41 am »
Ye, read the same Lings, but we have the mighty Woolford now so we don't need Adams there :DD

And ye Bolts, Mctwat is rubbing his hands at the thought of the cash cow that just keeps giving!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 10:13:20 pm »
Sorry - Jamie who?

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 09:04:19 am »
I'm not deluded enough (only a little bit deluded) to think that Sheffield United can afford not to sell it's better players. We're league one FFS.

However, the test for me, and this is where the club fails its supporters, is re-investing the cash in the team.  Even on Championship Manager we all do it. We sell a player for 10m and buy 3 across different positions for 3m each...

What pisses me off is that time and time again we sell our best players and a derisory amount is spent on  the team.

So I'm not pissed off that Murphy has been sold (whether the club's pleas of it was his choice are true or not). What pisses me off is that we can expect to see very little of the proceeds invested in the team.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »
To be honest, with Flynn, JCR, Kennedy and Brayford still to come back in and with a decent set of options on the bench AND playing the way we did against Chezvegas, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't go into the market yet.

After all, Murphy's sale means Adams is the perfect replacement and he gets a game without having to dislodge the 2 main strikers. We should also remember that with Woolford, Edgar, Sammon and Sharp we've taken on 4 new salaries (Billy's won't be peanuts) AND paid out £500k for Sharp.

I'd be happy to let it ride and strengthen in January (OK, let's get another keeper at least)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 04:25:32 pm »
I think you are about right Lings. We have enough up front, with Done to come back. JCR & Flynn will give us options out wide. The defence played well yesterday and with Brayford, Kennedy & Harris to return we should be OK.

Lets keep the cash, and see if we need to improve the squad in January. We have a big enough squad, and might be time to let some of the youngsters get a chance.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved