HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Alpha and Beta Testers Wanted for new Footy App  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Alpha and Beta Testers Wanted for new Footy App
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:00:14 am »
A client of mine is nearing launch of a new social media sharing app specifically aimed at football fans.

They are looking for individuals to take part in their alpha and/or beta trials of the new app.

The app allows football fans to share content (photos, videos and banter) relevant to a specific upcoming, in-play or previous match.  The content is conveniently grouped and you can view both the content posted by both home and away fans, to get a complete feel for the match.

You can also create a "squad" of mates so you can focus only on the content posted by those you follow or who follow you.

Eventually, in future releases, content can be shared across other media sharing platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc, meaning you only need one place from which to post content about the match.

If you're interested in helping out as a user tester, can you PM me your name, email address and make/model of phone (Android or iOS). The app doesn't support tablets yet, though it will still work on them.

Cheers

Roma

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha and Beta Testers Wanted for new Footy App
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:56:52 pm »
OK you mean bunch of bar stewards... Don't help out then  :whi

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 04:14:59 pm »

I only have a Blackberry so I don't think it would work very well on that....

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 04:37:38 pm »

I only have a Blackberry so I don't think it would work very well on that....

What's an App?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:39 pm »
Did you get my PM with UDID?
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 04:45:04 pm »
Thanks to those that PM'd me. I've added you to the Beta testers list.

The app is about 4-6 weeks away from being ready.  At the time you'll get an email from somebody@matchdayme.com with instructions.

The web site is live but it's still very much WIP but you can bookmark it if you want: www.matchdayme.com

Cheers

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 08:58:15 am »
Those that offered to take part in the Beta tests of the new MatchDayMe app should be getting an email in the next few days regarding the start of phase 1 Beta testing.

The initial phase of Beta will be for trusted and friendly Blades only, so you're all honoured  :ok:

Not all the functionality will be there and the final version of the app to be launched will have an updated look and feel, but we're keen to get some people posting photos and videos who aren't involved in the development project, so we can get some initial feedback and weed out any nasty little glitches we've missed.

The client (Rottweiler Productions, which is Sheffield based) have decided to go with iOS only for the initial Beta, to control the glitch report coming in and make it manageable.  If you're on Android, that will come in the next week or so so thanks for being patient.

You'll get an email with a description of the app and what Rottweiler want you to focus on during Beta testing, but in short it's a media sharing app design specifically for footy fans.  It's a bit like Facebook/Instagram/Twitter etc but only has footy related content so you don't have to read made up quotes from dead famous people or read how excited some twat is about Christmas.

When you install the app, you'll be asked to register. Choose your username carefully as this will be the name your posts appear under.  You can also select your team, which will be Sheffield United of course.

You'll then see your "dugout" which is the next upcoming event (or fixture) and previous fixtures.  You can post to any of these.  About 10 hours after a match has ended, the next fixture will appear in your dugout.

In the Event feed you can see all posts by either Sheff Utd fans or the opponents fans (and they can see the same on their side too).  For now, remember there's only Sheff Utd fans on the Beta trial though.

You can add other fans to your "Squad" (equivalent to Facebook friends or Twitter Followed) and there's a SQUAD feed so you can see all the posts by people in your squad, irrespective of which team they follow.

There's also the concept of "Fans".  This is the equivalent to people who are following you on Twitter.  In Beta, we've pre-set all other Blades users as your Fans, just to make it more interesting.  In live, fans can follow any team.

For those who receive the email, you'll need to install TestFlight on your device. It's an Apple app for Beta testing, and allows you to download the MatchDayMe (MDM) app without it being available to all in iTunes.  When we go live, it'll be in normal iTunes for anyone to download.

Any problems give me a shout. And Thanks for helping...

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved