HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Finish the Quote ...  (Read 2068 times)

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
Finish the Quote ...
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:07:11 pm »
So was reading this statement from the Chief Pig reference the ticket hike ..

Chansiri said: “When I purchased a 100% shareholding in Sheffield Wednesday earlier this year, I promised I would do my utmost to take our club back where we all believe we belong as soon as is feasibly possible..... 

How should this finish???

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Finish the Quote ...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:09:05 pm »
" so the only way that can happen is to charge the fan Premiereship prices so they think they are already there, honestly it's the only way it could happen"

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 07:15:56 pm »
I've actually had pig fans justifying the huge price increases, saying if you want to get to the premier League you have to pay for the right players etc.

YES - that's why you have an investor! If 20,000 people are paying an extra £15 per week you raise more than £6m. So what's John West putting in exactly? Bear in mind that £6m is only EXTRA - so wages etc are already covered. That £6m and the extra from the higher shirt prices etc etc could point to an overall £8m - £10m extra budget, which will pay for their new players, to Chansiri won't have invested anything - the silly unclean will have done it for him!

Had to laugh - met Alan Biggs at the Cricket Inn between Dore & Totley the other day and he said - Wednesday fans are trying to say they're happy to pay now in the hope it makes them a Premier League team, and it's a bit like buying the latest iPhone for an inflated price and hoping it starts to work in 2 years time!  :DD

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 09:01:40 pm »
Because of course it worked so well for those West Yorkshire inbreds up the M1............

Being taken for a serious ride and one major floor in your argument Lings - they have season ticket holders (lets be overly conservative and say 10k) which reduces your numbers by half already. Then consider how many won't go at the inflated prices - I think they're onto a loser.

The Landlord!

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:22:37 pm »
The logic is undeniably stupid, their Chairman has no idea how the fans will react but sacking Gray, bringing in CC and then hiking up the price's have got a lot of pigs believing he know what he's doing. I honestly believe there attendances are going to be around 17-20K unless they are in the top 2 and if the start losing they will drop to around 13-15K pretty fast... unless the Pigs actually have a good season this could be a monumental failure IMHO  :^^

On a side not if KM had done the same Pig fans and Blades would be agreement and in disbelief... only time will tell   

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 09:11:56 am »
I was bored the other night on the train so I did some quick calculations. 21k is the cut off point when putting up the prices brings in additional profit (for Cat A game).

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 10:16:39 am »
How can that be possible? Is that based on your tax return maths?  ;)

Their average crowd last year was 22k (OK I've added 7 but they are MASSIVE after all!)

They have approx 15k season ticket holders - lets be generous and say they all renewed at the early bird rate and it was a similar price to last year that leaves 7k on spec buyers.

Cat A game last year in the South stand was £32 (I know they won't all have been South Stand but for ease of maths and applying mean averaging.........
7k x £32 = £224k
You're saying a drop of just 1k so
6k x £52 = £312k

The figure is actually somewhere nearer 4.5k to generate £224k i.e. 19.5k

I think I may need to meet your accountant to make my returns look better!!  :whi :whi

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:16:28 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »
That's because you're a tester and always looking at what has already been done and not able to envisage the future.  :whi

I confess to not knowing the pigs' average crowd and I'd wrongly assumed their season ticket base was more like 17,000 as they are so massive and also as I don't want that shit in my head tainting an otherwise beautiful mind... So using your wealth of porcine knowledge, one way of looking at it is to make assumptions on footfall..

So let's make some assumptions...  The way the piggies are talking they're PL bound. This hype, along with the false new dawn of a new owner, new international (if generally failing) manager and a raft of players with names ending in exotic syllables (smells fishy to me) should, in theory, attract at least 28,000 to a Cat A match for such a massive club.  And one could assume on the back of the same bullshit, the season tickets sold was more like 17,000.  BUT. Due to the price hike, some of the furore has died a death. Season tickets were already sold (so I've assumed there are still 17k), but let's say gates dropped to 22k (i.e. last year's average). That's 5k paying on the day at 52 quid so that's revenue of 260k.  Whereas 28k fans would mean 11k paying on the day at 32 quid this being 352k. So a slight return on the gamble.

The break even point is an attendance of somewhere near 23,700 or 6770 pay on the door ticket sales, an attendance lower than 23,700 would have meant they'd have made more keeping the prices the same and attracting more through the doors.

Of course, this BEP changes if you assume they're average gate stayed the same this year if they'd kept the same prices, but I don't think that would have happened as we all know how fickle the snort beasts are.

The upshot is, it's a major gamble. The returns are worth it but he needs to increase the gates by at least 3-4k to make this gamble worth while. Pissing off fans to make just a little more cash isn't a great long terms strategy.

PS: If you're making your own calculations your accountant is ripping you off. That's what you pay him for. :ok:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:50:42 pm by Roma »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 09:18:17 am »
Looks like the price hike isn't going down well with away fans.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33642972

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 11:03:26 am »
You see that's where you're going wrong - Testers are some of the most creative individuals in the whole SDLC - we don't follow rigid rules and that's why we catch you out! Projects where we're involved from the start are the ones that run the smoothest and usually to budget!! Besides, I prefer to see myself as an analyst helping the team as a whole deliver a great quality product........(oh, nearly fell back into sales pitch mode then) - in fairness the vast majority of our work at the moment seems to be coming from security testing (pen testing in particular) so I guess that is looking at what's gone before!

All that aside, the ticket hike is a gamble in a big way. Some very unhappy Bristol fans who can't understand why they're paying £39 on top of all their travel costs, whilst Reading are only paying £24.......gotta say they've got a point!
The Landlord!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved