HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: I almost feel sorry for them..............  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
I almost feel sorry for them..............
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:22:00 am »
...................I did say almost.

Have often pitied fans from that team on the other side of the city, having to watch that Shite in such dire, outdated and delapidated surroundings, but I've just seen their ticket prices for this season!

A Cat A* game on the South Stand for 2 adults and 2 under 17's is going to cost the family £154 - that's before you factor in any additional costs such as food programs etc. That is an absolute joke - £52 an adult ticket to watch that and £25 for an Under 17................

Let's see how 'Massive' their crowds are this season.............their first game of the season against Bristol who, with no disrespect intended, are by no means a big fish in that league are classed as a Cat B game which is £46 per adult. Doesn't bode well for them.

Our most expensive ticket is £29 and if bought before the day of the match is reduced to £27 - only £1 up on last year and near enough half what they are paying. Yet another reason to be proud to be a Blade!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:26:40 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I almost feel sorry for them..............
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »
Do you need one of these ??

£

Got it fixed  :^^

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:24:26 pm »
Do you need one of these ??

£

Looks like the Wendy fans are going to need plenty of them!!!
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 04:10:56 pm »
Assuming they would get an average gate of 25,000 if their prices were value for money like ours.  Then assume they will have about 15,000 season ticket holders.

That means 10,000 would pay on the day. For simplicity let's assume all 10,000 paid 29. That's 290,000 gate receipts for a 25,000 crowd.

Now assume it's 46 a ticket and as a result a third of the 10,000 walk up supporters decide not to go. That's still 303,600 gate receipts but for a 21,600 crowd.

If their gates dropped to anymore than 1/3rd, then his plan back fires.  For example if 40 percent decide not to turn up (a 21,000 gate) then he would lose out as the revenue from casual ticket sales would be 276,000, less than the 290,000 in the first scenario.

Upshot is, he's risked pissing off and alienating a whole load of piggies on what looks like, on Excel, to be a very risky strategy.  If they set the division alight, then it will probably work out for him. But if they have a faltering start (and bear in mind their new manager doesn't really have  glowing record) then they'll be in the shit.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »
Also, if the gates are lower, even if the ticket sales are higher, then there are fewer people to buy pies, programmes, place bets, drink the beer and, ultimately, tell their mates how exciting it all was (yeah right).

The muppet is delusional. He's already thinking about being in the PL before they've even kicked a ball. Shows his naivity regarding English football (something that caught Phipps and HRH out to be honest). I don't think they realised how hard it is to get out of L1.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 07:18:01 pm »
Give me Bayern any time.

Bayern v Dortmund with a beer enjoyed while sitting in your seat can almost be enjoyed, complete with return Ryanair flights, for the same price as the unclean v Millers at the rustbucket!   :DD

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 09:09:43 pm »
Give me Bayern any time.

Bayern v Dortmund with a beer enjoyed while sitting in your seat can almost be enjoyed, complete with return Ryanair flights, for the same price as the unclean v Millers at the rustbucket!   :DD

You organise and I'm in!
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 04:02:47 pm »
OK - but I might have to meet you at Munich airport  :ok:

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved