HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Squad News  (Read 1396 times)

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
Squad News
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:10:21 pm »
I read Diego De Girolamo  is agreeing to a new 3 year deal, I know one had been offered but apparently he's taking it  :ok:

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/celtic-target-to-stay-with-sheffield-united/

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Squad News
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:09 am »
I know there's mixed feelings about Diego on this forum (and others) but from what I gather the terms of the deal are no different to what they were before.  The only actual difference is that his boss has changed. Perhaps we were too hasty to label Diego with a money grabber tag when it was maybe the same employee-employer clash that plagued other players such as Collins....

Let's hope he can meet his potential.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:11 am »
I know there's mixed feelings about Diego on this forum (and others) but from what I gather the terms of the deal are no different to what they were before.  The only actual difference is that his boss has changed. Perhaps we were too hasty to label Diego with a money grabber tag when it was maybe the same employee-employer clash that plagued other players such as Collins....

Let's hope he can meet his potential.

Agreed - let's hope that NA can get the best out of him  :ok:

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »
I certainly love what i see to be excitement from the players, when a new boss comes in there's an air of uncertainty however there seems to be an energy which is great for the team ... i'm getting excited for the new season ..My concern is I think everyone is expecting us to win 5-0 otherwise it will be a bust  :roll: :^^

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:49:44 pm »
I never thought Diego was necessarily a money-grabber at all, I just think he got WAY ahead of himself and forgot that he's far short of the finished article yet.

Scoring goals for Italy and attracting interest from Juventus is one thing, but failing to set League 2 alight with York and Northampton I hope has brought home a sense of reality.

Good luck to the lad. New manager, new system, maybe he can fulfil some of that potential with us after all.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved