HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter thread - No.1  (Read 135538 times)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread - No.1
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2015, 09:08:49 am »
That was an excellent result, which to be honest was an unexpected surprise. Swindon did put us under the cosh from time to time, but the defence did well. I do like having Collins back as he is an experience CB. Edgar seems to be an inspired signing. Reed had a good game and I do prefer him to Baxter.

It was hard to get a proper feel for the game on BP as it was 90 secs behind Stabo, so when the Ooooooooooo's appeared in the chat, Swindon were attacking on BP. I gave up in the end and just relied on the chat room comments.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2015, 02:34:43 pm »
Predictions posted for next week. I know we aren't playing, but for continuity I have done them. As far as I can tell all the matches are still on.

http://www.thecrossedblades.com/forum/index.php?topic=47.0

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2015, 04:10:23 pm »
Just watched the highlights on BP.

How was that not a red card for the Swindon goalie? If that was Howard it would have been a straight red.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2015, 09:29:24 pm »
OK so I didn't take the laptop, but I did sit in the car listening to Talk Sport with 3 pints of Pale Ale sitting on the dashboard. There is NO mobile signal in Low Row or for a few miles in either direction, and my mobile wouldn't let me type into Chat (I was logged in as "Punch Bowl Inn"  ;D )

Even though I now don't have a match until Donny at home due to the International call-ups, (I'm on proper hols WITH laptop from 10th to 24th September) I'm please we've called the Colchester game off because I want to see Collins and Edgar as first choice CBs, and not some cobbled together "they can play there" solution.

GREAT result against Swindon. Keep it up Blades, let's crash out of the JPT tuesday  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2015, 09:30:27 pm »
Bolts you've missed out your score prediction for the Dingles mate  :ok:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:43:53 pm by lingsbord »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 31, 2015, 08:12:59 am »

Thanks very much Lings :ok:

We did wonder who 'punch bowl inn' was in the chat. Very much the silent type. Stabo did comment after you left - who the f..k was that. Now we know. :DD

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 31, 2015, 10:21:42 am »

Thanks very much Lings :ok:

We did wonder who 'punch bowl inn' was in the chat. Very much the silent type. Stabo did comment after you left - who the f..k was that. Now we know. :DD

I did!  ::)

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 31, 2015, 10:19:47 pm »
saw the highlights and I agree, how was that not a red .. KE on BP seemed to think that was never anything more than a yellow.. I disagree, really well taken goal by BILLY !!.  :DB

It was fun in the Chat and the thing about listening to the game it never felt like we would lose it, at 0-0 you never got the feeling this was a game we would drop and once Collin knocked in what could only be described as a goal of the season :whi  we didn't take our foot off the gas and sit back, pushing for another was exactly what we needed, keeping Swindon honest and not allowing them to throw 11 men forward.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:17 am »
JPT rules - will the Blades stick to them?..............

Certainly the International Call Ups make a mockery of it!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheff-utd-news/sheffield-united-blades-on-collision-course-with-jpt-chiefs-1-7436753

If we'd had sending offs and injuries to contend with as well how on earth would they deal with that?
The Landlord!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2015, 12:11:16 pm »
Byrne to Wolves is a good signing for us - weakens one of the stronger sides in the league.
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »
saw the highlights and I agree, how was that not a red .. KE on BP seemed to think that was never anything more than a yellow..

I agree Tex. If that had been a defender who took him out in that fashion, it would have been a straight red.  Yes, he was probably too wide to say it was a definite denial of a scoring opportunity, but what about dangerous play?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2015, 01:20:58 pm »
Apparently the Blades are going Dutch................. http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheff-utd-news/sheffield-united-blades-go-dutch-in-player-search-1-7438104

Errmm - when it's owned 50:50 isn't that the idea anyway  :whi :whi :roll: :roll:

Taxi.....................
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2015, 04:25:36 pm »
Just got back from golf and it's taken me 10 mins to read all the posts. Haven't you lot got any work to do? It's only for pensioners like me to have all day to sit and write posts.

Saying that, have we actually signed anyone, or dumped anyone??

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2015, 04:51:34 pm »
With just over an hour to go it looks like we'll have to make do with what we've got till January  :(

Then again, who knows what's going on behind the scenes  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »
Kinell.......according to SSN Jonathan Obika has signed on a free transfer  :ok:

Decent player but is he really what we need right now? Would have preferred a CB and MF but as they say, you can never have too many strikers!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved