HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter thread - No.1  (Read 139822 times)

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread - No.1
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »
Howard

Harris - McEveley (or TBD) - Collins - Freeman

Adams - Basham - Reed/Scougall - Murphy

Sharp - Done/Sammon/McNulty

Brayford will take RB spot when fit again.

Interestingly Done is now down as a midfielder on the OWS (but then so is McNulty, and Baxter is down as a striker)..

It's tricky given the size of the squad - for instance, James Wallace if fit should be a definate starter and after his showing on Sunday, Baxter looks he could be a stand out player this season. Then there is Coutts and some of the youngsters who are pushing for starts as well as JCR who could do a job from the bench. At the back, if Freeman carries on playing like he did Sunday, it will be very harsh to drop him for Brayford. There is no doubt the aquad needs trimming down.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »
Howard

Interestingly Done is now down as a midfielder on the OWS (but then so is McNulty, and Baxter is down as a striker)..

Is it just me, or does anyone else see that as Harris at RB and Freeman at LB?

I'm not far away from that line up, but agree Wallace should be starting in place of Reed/Scougs. McNulty doesn't fit in there for me at the moment and have to say Adams looked well up front on Sunday creating the goal for McNulty with a great pass. I think it's harsh on Flynn at the moment.

Isn't it nice to be in a position to think ALL these players should be starting instead of nailed on - lets just hope NA does pick a side and keeps it for some consistency!
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:09 pm »
Howard

If Kennedy is fit then I would have him in alongside Collins. He will learn from him. Adams is more a let sided player, but I think he would fit in anywhere. Sharp & Done up front for me with Sammon in reserve if we need some height. McNulty & Higdon are surplus to requirements now.

The squad is beginning to take shape, just need to offload some of the ones on the fringes to save some wages.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:02 pm »
Done's been taken off injured tonight so i can't see him starting for us any time soon

CB - there'll be at least 1 and maybe 2 in soon.

CMF any 2 from Wallace, Basham and Reed

Upfront I think it'll be Sharp and Sammon, Murphy maybe right, Adams maybe left,

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 11:39:21 pm »
Rumour has it he's broken his collar bone so won't be starting this side of Xmas.
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 09:15:01 am »
Rumour has it he's broken his collar bone so won't be starting this side of Xmas.

Nigel Adkins ‏@TheNigelAdkins 9h9 hours ago

A real shame for Matt Done who will miss the season start after breaking his Collar bone in tonight's 4-1 win at Matlock Town. @SUFC_tweets

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 09:55:34 pm »
4-0 tonight at Macc

OG, 1 from Sharp, 2 from Adams

This from the Macclesfield OS match report: "a fantastic solo effort resulted in Adams slotting past Dale Eve to wrap up the 4-0 victory".

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2015, 11:10:10 pm »
4-0 tonight at Macc

This from the Macclesfield OS match report: "a fantastic solo effort resulted in Adams slotting past Dale Eve to wrap up the 4-0 victory".

Sounds like another injury tonight with the reports from Youfy - JCR hamstring. Best player on the pitch at the time. Replaced by Adams and then sounds like he was the best!
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:01 am »
4-0 tonight at Macc

Sounds like another injury tonight with the reports from Youfy - JCR hamstring. Best player on the pitch at the time. Replaced by Adams and then sounds like he was the best!

Adams seems to cementing his place in the team for Gillingham. Shame about JCR, but he is probably only a fringe player this season.

Offline YouFUMS

• Star Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 09:51:30 am »
Went for my 1st look at this seasons Blades last night at Macclesfield. Was going to give regular updates via whatsapp, but my bloody battery died at HT.
 Anyhow, briefly, a crowd announced as 999 with 578 Blades saw a controlled performance from our team, with Howard never called upon to make a save. Campbell-Ryce was our stand out player in the 1st half, putting in some decent crosses towards Sammon/sharp that caused the home team a few problems. His free kick from the left led to our opening goal, as the defender on the far stick got his body position all wrong and ended up heading into the top corner under pressure from sharp.
 The 2nd goal was nicely worked....Collins Freeman and Baxter interchanged some good passes in the right back area before releasing JCR down the wing. He beat his man then cut inside before slotting a great ball to sharp who blasted it in 1st time.
 JCR had to give way just before half time with what looked like a hamstring injury, with Che coming on.
As well as JCR, Baxter had played well in the middle, Collins was showing what we missed last season, and the 2 fullbacks had played well. The 2 new guys, woolford and Sammon, hadn't done enough in my opinion, especially woolford - although I know he hasn't had a full pre-season.
 2nd half saw higdon replace Sammon. He looks to have lost a stone in weight, and of the 2 'big' strikers used in this game, he was the more effective. Che Adams took the honour of best player in the 2nd half. He benefitted from Woolfords only contribution to the game by slotting home a left side cross to make it 3-0, then late in the game his speed and strength down the right flank allowed him to get onto a ball that he had no right to. He powered into the box, and drove ball into the far side of the net, 4-0

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »
Just seen last night's goals on Youtube (link on't other forum).

Yep, the future's bright!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »
Just seen last night's goals on Youtube (link on't other forum).

Yep, the future's bright!

You mean this one?

The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2015, 04:59:51 pm »
Welcome again to the CB Predictions League.

Week 1 predictions posted. Please note there is a Friday night match.

If anyone needs a couple of weeks posted due to holidays, please let me know.

http://www.thecrossedblades.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.0

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2015, 05:40:25 pm »
Nice one Bolts - ta  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »
Off topic, lifted from elsewhere, but I just laughed way too loud at this while sitting in the mercure hotel this afternoon:

There's one bit where I think I may have broken the seal a bit.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved