HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter thread - No.1  (Read 135441 times)

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread - No.1
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 01:48:54 pm »
Love this tweet today from the new gaffer, doesn't say much but speaks volumes about his attitude  :ok:

Nigel Adkins ‏@TheNigelAdkins 
Good morning,  @SUFC_tweets looking forward to meeting the players today before they begin a fitness assessment @sheffhallamuni

We just need a signing IMO

Rumour has it Leeds want a swap deal involving Sharp and Murphy....would this be good business? i'd prefer to have both players at the lane.

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 02:01:42 pm »
Stabo, reading articles in the "Star" NA is willing to fend off offers from Wigan for Done and/or Murphy if that is truly the case I think it won't take long for him to realize that going to Leeds would be a suicidal way to start his tenure at BDTBL. We know we need a striker but I doubt is going to sell a couple of best assets to obtain one  :^^ and especially not to the Scum!

IMHO  :ok:

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 03:10:59 pm »
Stabo, reading articles in the "Star" NA is willing to fend off offers from Wigan for Done and/or Murphy if that is truly the case I think it won't take long for him to realize that going to Leeds would be a suicidal way to start his tenure at BDTBL. We know we need a striker but I doubt is going to sell a couple of best assets to obtain one  :^^ and especially not to the Scum!

IMHO  :ok:

I think it would be a bad move for Murphy too, he was inconsistent last season (along with everyone else) and for me needs a great season under his belt before stepping up to the championship. Also we'd need to replace him so we wouldn't be any better off.

With the squad we have we don't have a promotion side but we don't need major surgery either and with a few careful signings we should mould the team into that promotion winning team we deserve. A striker is a must and so is a CB but where else do we need to strengthen?

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 03:53:55 pm »
You know ... I don't necessarily agree nor disagree with the "we don't have a promotion side" there was several things lacking last year...
  • Negative Football - looking to win 1-0 is always fraught with danger, NA doesn't play that football
  • Settled Team - NC chopped and change never allowing the team to build chemistry, not sure how NA will approach this but it is an important dynamic   
  • Alienated players - Several players where on his "Shit List" and never got a look in and our defense suffered heavily for that, NC just didn't like that Collins shared his initials :whi however another year under Kennedys belt and Collins back in the frame may be a good thing at CB, also I think there were several open slights at player, such as playing payers out of position when there player who specialize in that area (Basham at CB, Flynn at RB) this causes disharmony.   
  • The only two things I worry about is an out and out goal scorer, McNulty maybe the answer but it's all about confidence and Goalkeeper I've said for a couple of year Howard is in consistent the Blades have always had solid keepers (Waugh, Budgie, Tracey, Kelly, etc) however Howard is not he's too sporadic

They are a couple that spring to mind, we obtained a Playoff spot with a dejected team and negative tactics just think where we could be with belief and positive football... Somebody has to step up and get goals and Maybe that McNulty and / or Done  :^^ and if not we need a striker but I do think we are well equipped today to make a solid run at automatic.  :DB
(all thoughts and comment are made with the understanding I reserve the right to change my mind,  disagree with myself, contradict myself or even deny making them at ANY time  :roll: )
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:55:42 pm by TXBlade »

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 05:08:14 pm »
I agree with you on that Tex, that's why we don't need wholesale changes. Kennedy has bags of potential but is prone to injury, that's why i'd like another CB in but we're ok in the full back roles. I personally think that we are in desperate need for a top striker to go with McNulty, who would benefit from a goal scorer and even Higdon would be of use (If he's still around). The likes of Done and Che Adams can operate wide as well as up front and I still believe Coutts can be a damn good player for us in the centre with Basham and options with Reid. We do need a leader though, we've lacked that commanding player for a long time so if NA went and got in that kind of CMer then i wouldn't be complaining. I just want that first quality signing to get the imagination going.

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 07:27:10 pm »
Greetings from sunny Plymouth.

Bloody hot down here and Boating is making it a burning experience 😀

What's latest on rumours/ signings? Obviously don't hear owt down here

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:46 pm »
Just saw this on Twitter
Breaking News: Leeds United striker Billy Sharp has agreed to join Sheffield United on a three year deal. Medical tomorrow morning

https://twitter.com/LFTNsports/status/615597909959135232

ANYONE?

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 10:40:22 pm »
Hearing same TX

Dane - nowt else happening yet mate  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 10:16:31 am »
I wouldn't be completely averse to signing Sharp although there are other priorities so I hope that sufficient funds are still available for those. Sharp hasn't been very prolific for 3 to 4 years and he is very similar to what we already have in Mcnulty. I know that Adkins has always got the best out of him but again, that's not very recent either. If we are going for a striker, we need a big strong and athletic one good with his head as well as feet and then maybe in the chat room acccu will be a thing of the past!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 11:25:07 am »
I wouldn't be completely averse to signing Sharp although there are other priorities so I hope that sufficient funds are still available for those. Sharp hasn't been very prolific for 3 to 4 years and he is very similar to what we already have in Mcnulty. I know that Adkins has always got the best out of him but again, that's not very recent either. If we are going for a striker, we need a big strong and athletic one good with his head as well as feet and then maybe in the chat room acccu will be a thing of the past!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=38747

He's still got a 1 goal in 3/4 games ratio and at a higher level too. I think he'd do better in lge 1.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 06:55:17 am »

He's still got a 1 goal in 3/4 games ratio and at a higher level too. I think he'd do better in lge 1.

I really hope you are right Stabo....if it actually happens  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 07:01:21 am »
Wow.....I know there is no love lost between Blades and Piggy Pearson but WTF is going on at Leicester? He achieved the almost impossible keeping them up last season and they sack him! Goes to show that most rich foreign owners are in the game for image and ego, not football. Don't particularly like Leicester as a club but feel for their fans.

UTB  :ok:

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:14 am »

I really hope you are right Stabo....if it actually happens  :ok:

Me too mate but that goes with any signing doesn't it. Last season we hoped Higdon would do us a job with his record. Sometimes it don't work, sometimes it does. Like you say whoever NA signs they'll need the supply to score and if Murphy was to go HE too would need replacing.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 08:12:00 am »
Does anyone know when the new away kit is going to be formally announced?
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 02:43:47 pm »
Is this the one?

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved