HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: The transfer thread  (Read 30906 times)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: The transfer thread
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2015, 04:33:51 pm »
I will lay my cards on the table. I firmly belive that the transfer windows should be shut before the season starts, and this ludicrous Emergency Transfer window should be scrapped. I thought the reason behind clubs having U21, U18 teams was to provide backup for first team injuries, suspensions etc..

What construes an Emergency, especially when the season has only just started.?

I may go along with a week in early January for transfers, but they need to be permanent ones, not loans. There seems to be a lot of players going out on loan to either get match time after injuries, or they can't get a place in their home team. 

We are lacking an imposing CM, but bringing in someone with this experience is a massive gamble. I agree thats statistics are not the be all and end all, but they do give an indication of the players experience and potential.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2015, 05:59:57 pm »
I will lay my cards on the table. I firmly belive that the transfer windows should be shut before the season starts, and this ludicrous Emergency Transfer window should be scrapped. I thought the reason behind clubs having U21, U18 teams was to provide backup for first team injuries, suspensions etc..

What construes an Emergency, especially when the season has only just started.?

I may go along with a week in early January for transfers, but they need to be permanent ones, not loans. There seems to be a lot of players going out on loan to either get match time after injuries, or they can't get a place in their home team. 

We are lacking an imposing CM, but bringing in someone with this experience is a massive gamble. I agree thats statistics are not the be all and end all, but they do give an indication of the players experience and potential.

The whole transfer window should be scrapped IMO i've never liked it as it causes panic buys and  clubs over inflating fees near the close. I preferred it when a club could approach another club any time of year for a player. It's ridiculous that the world of football can stop someone from effectively changing jobs and moving around. It also gave time for clubs to replace the player that was sold without the fear of "a window" closing.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2015, 06:18:35 pm »
Latest rumour...........

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/16/sheffield-united-eye-hammond-loan/

He might be a good signing.

He was a target as a perm deal before the window shut and I understood a deal was agreed but it was dependent on another deal being done (our players out and releasing funds rather than the other way around as his wage demands are significant for this league), which wasn't hence we didn't get him.

On loan we will hopefully have to only pay a % of his wages and so no reliance on other deals - agree he'd be a great signing.

On the transfer window subject I don't know of anyone who does like it. I'm sort of with Stabo on why have it closed at all, although working in a world of contracts I also understand why it's not as simple as just 'moving jobs'. If we do need to have a transfer window then it should shut before the season starts (and I wouldn't open it again in January) and tighten up the loan rules - a loan meaning exactly that and no recall options for example.
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2015, 04:44:49 pm »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2015, 04:49:11 pm »
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-cant-go-sheffield-10082212

Burn not coming to BDTBL

At lease he didn't turn us down, and he's staying for a good reason.

Agreed Bolts but according to some on other forums it's still our fault for not getting him earlier! I think the fact is simply that it has all been down to Fulham not getting a replacement for him and now they have a number of injuries and need him as cover.....can't see why that is our fault!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »
The info I have is that Burn didn't sign perm because we couldn't offload players and free up money for his wages, which are significant for this league.

I think there's a good chance he'll sign in January
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2015, 02:18:27 pm »
Higdon to Oldham on 3 month loan......don't rate him at all really so no issues from me. However, if Sammon gets injured he would be useful in our squad.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2015, 04:23:59 pm »
Higdon to Oldham on 3 month loan......don't rate him at all really so no issues from me. However, if Sammon gets injured he would be useful in our squad.

He will be a cert to score against next month if he is allowed to play...

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2015, 06:13:11 pm »

He will be a cert to score against next month if he is allowed to play...

Spot on......hopefully he will have picked up an "injury" in training the day before! Hope the Greggs in Oldham has geared up with extra stock....

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2015, 07:17:23 pm »

I can't stop crying. My world has come to an end...

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2015, 07:18:45 pm »
The info I have is that Burn didn't sign perm because we couldn't offload players and free up money for his wages, which are significant for this league.

I think there's a good chance he'll sign in January

That's what I said at the time... I have it on fairly sound authority that at least two deals to offload players fell through close the the deadline, including one which has now happened albeit as a loan  :ok:

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved