HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: The transfer thread  (Read 30112 times)

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: The transfer thread
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2015, 10:29:36 am »

I was going to reply to this last night but got sidetracked..

You mean you had a meeting with Mr Cabernet & Mr Sauvignon after which you were incapable of typing  :DD

:-[ That pretty much sums it up
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:30:14 am by Vamps »

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2015, 12:01:33 pm »
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-eyeing-move-for-highly-rated-sheffield-united-forward/

Get lost!

As they're also in for Charlie Austin I wouldn't be too worried just yet. He certainly wouldn't go straight into their first team so suspect they'd be looking to buy as an investment which is unlikely to match any fee the club might expect.
The Landlord!

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2015, 02:19:31 pm »
What is it about Tottenham and Blades players, they need to keep away, but I agree with Vamps they won't have the same valuation as we do!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2015, 03:28:17 pm »
We really have to sign Che up on a long contract now he is attracting interest, and will continue to do so as he will improve all the time  :^^

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2015, 04:24:04 pm »
We are also helped by Bosman as well but that can leave the risk of a 3rd party deciding his valuation  :yikes:
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2015, 02:16:24 pm »
Latest rumour....

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/rumour_mill_norwich_city_s_michael_turner_touted_with_sheffield_united_canaries_monitoring_dwight_gayle_situation_1_4196002

Do we really need another CB. Edgar & Collins are OK. Kennedy is nearing fitness, and we do have Basham and McEverley as emergency cover. We need to spend the cash on a good, strong mid-field player.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2015, 03:29:32 pm »
Latest rumour....

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/rumour_mill_norwich_city_s_michael_turner_touted_with_sheffield_united_canaries_monitoring_dwight_gayle_situation_1_4196002

Do we really need another CB. Edgar & Collins are OK. Kennedy is nearing fitness, and we do have Basham and McEverley as emergency cover. We need to spend the cash on a good, strong mid-field player.

Slightly disagree Bolts.....yes, Edgar and Collins had a decent game yesterday but we still need strength in depth and competition for places at the back. Kennedy sadly can't be relied on due to his constant lack of fitness, Bash needs to play in MF, JMac is NOT a CB! With the Murphy cash we should be able to bring in 2 or 3 decent quality additions  :ok:

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2015, 03:39:02 pm »
Latest rumour....

Slightly disagree Bolts.....yes, Edgar and Collins had a decent game yesterday but we still need strength in depth and competition for places at the back. Kennedy sadly can't be relied on due to his constant lack of fitness, Bash needs to play in MF, JMac is NOT a CB! With the Murphy cash we should be able to bring in 2 or 3 decent quality additions  :ok:

With only £2m for Murphy, we cannot get in 2 or 3 quality players. Most is 1, and I still believe midfield is more important.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2015, 04:03:41 pm »
Murphy, Adams, Basham, Sharp. All 4 brought in for £1m total so they are out there. I certainly don't see us blowing the pot on 1 player because if that 1 player gets 1 serious injury we're up a very smelly creek with no instrument of propulsion

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2015, 04:43:06 pm »
Latest rumour....

With only £2m for Murphy, we cannot get in 2 or 3 quality players. Most is 1, and I still believe midfield is more important.

Well I would be delighted if we signed 2 new players for £1 million a piece cos they would be absolute top quality in League 1 for that much  :ok: I think the problem will be getting them to play in League 1 though as anyone with that sort of price tag would probably be sought after in the Champ.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/18/sunderland-interesting-in-signing-sheffield-uniteds-che-adams-se/

They can do one....!  )O(

If Kyle Naughton was worth £6m, then Che is worth £20m and no less - That's about the only way I would accept this...................Wasn't overly happy about Murphy going, but understood it and accepted it on the basis that we have Che and if we had to lose one or the other then I'd rather keep hold of Che.

We have seen with Adkins at Southampton that he knows how to hold out for a big fee for youngsters with promise - let's hope he stands firm here and isn't riden rough shod over by the money men at the club, or I can see us losing Adkins as well!!!
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2015, 01:12:13 pm »
We'll need our best players if we're to avoid another season in this division so we have to tell anyone sniffing around them to feck off, at least until the end of the season. Unfortunately our money men are short sighted and only see the shiny coin offered and not the rewards of promotion.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved