HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: The transfer thread  (Read 30074 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: The transfer thread
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 03:38:07 pm »
Murphy also plays well in the middle so I have no concerns about him leaving - the catalyst for Murphy to leave will be either himself saying he wants to go, or a BIG money offer coming in.
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 04:57:21 pm »
Murphy also plays well in the middle so I have no concerns about him leaving - the catalyst for Murphy to leave will be either himself saying he wants to go, or a BIG money offer coming in.

Ye he played mainly centre forward in Scotland, it was Wilson who played him wide left . I hope you're right though because we need an on form Murphy.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »
Woolford signing confirmed today.............
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 02:32:57 pm »

Ye!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/9912691

Underwhelmed TBH but i hope he does well.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 03:10:31 pm »

Ye!

i think he's a good signing for this league, but don't see him as one for the future. He flourished under Adkins last time - let's see if he can do it again!
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 03:22:46 pm »

Ye!

i think he's a good signing for this league, but don't see him as one for the future. He flourished under Adkins last time - let's see if he can do it again!

He sounds very versatile and strong physically so could do a decent job at this level.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 03:27:47 pm »
I asked a few Millwall fans about him when we were first linked. The comments coming back were he knows where the goal is (strange considering his scoring record) and he's a class player on his day.

On another note, Uwe Rossler has told the Yorkshire Post that he has too many strikers and wants more pace up front.  Sounds like Billy Sharp could be given a leave pass...

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 03:29:04 pm »
http://the72.co.uk/31051/winger-woolford-on-his-way-to-bramall-lane/

If true i fear We'll lose Murphy..... :(

Phipps tweeted about his love for Murphy today, so if he has any influence I think he could be staying.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 03:52:36 pm »

Ye!

I hope NA can bring the best out of him. I wonder why Millwall released him having got relegated to league 1 if he'd be a good player in this lge?

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 04:28:05 pm »

Ye!

I hope NA can bring the best out of him. I wonder why Millwall released him having got relegated to league 1 if he'd be a good player in this lge?

Could be wages I suppose, or he wanted to come back to Yorkshire.

Lets hope he is an inspired signing.

Offline TXBlade

• Administrator
  • First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 09:37:08 pm »
predominantly a LW but seem to like to play across the middle and at the AMC - two thoughts
1. He's cover for Baxter when his suspension is handed down (okay maybe not  :whi)
2. He's 6ft and "fleetfooted" a tall guy up front who can run with the ball ... now when we are play 4-3-1-2 we can have a bigger guy playing in behind Done / Sharp / McNulty
just my thoughts

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:48 pm »
predominantly a LW but seem to like to play across the middle and at the AMC - two thoughts
1. He's cover for Baxter when his suspension is handed down (okay maybe not  :whi)
2. He's 6ft and "fleetfooted" a tall guy up front who can run with the ball ... now when we are play 4-3-1-2 we can have a bigger guy playing in behind Done / Sharp / McNulty
just my thoughts

Baxter's fine has been handed down - 5 month ban - 3 months suspended - He's already served 2 months so available now!!!
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 09:08:14 am »
I'd be worried if he played up front, he isn't prolific and we have McNulty and even Higdon who score more. He may be fleet footed but can he pass a ball? can he cross a ball? we've lacked delivery in the final third and need someone who can do that. But, it's a NA signing and let's hope he get's a decent striker in and another solid CB in.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 11:39:57 am »
I'd be worried if he played up front, he isn't prolific and we have McNulty and even Higdon who score more. He may be fleet footed but can he pass a ball? can he cross a ball? we've lacked delivery in the final third and need someone who can do that. But, it's a NA signing and let's hope he get's a decent striker in and another solid CB in.

Disagree with that statement completely - last season we were putting loads of balls in the box and creating plenty of opportunities - what we couldn't do was convert them. The other area we were lacking was being shot shy on the edge of the box, with only really Murphy having a pop now and again. 

I actually don't think Woolford is intended as an out and out striker - he plays more in that supporting role behind the striker (also a role that Murphy can play when he's not on the wing) and adds size and presence in the box for set pieces such as corners. I suspect he'll be filling that role just behind Done that Baxter was often asked to play - I guess time will tell.
The Landlord!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved