HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Bolton v Blades - (first match of the season) - 6th Aug 2016  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
OK - so we've talked about it as a possibility - who's up for a CB outing?

2ndly, what we doing about getting there. Any volunteer drivers or do the train (about £20 from what I've just looked at).

I'm certainly up for it cos I'm missing the first home game the following week.
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton v Blades - (first match of the season) - 6th Aug 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:21:28 pm »
I'm definitely up for it mate. Ash probably too (maybe the South Coast exile?)

I don't mind driving either as long as we stick to beers that are under 5%  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:44:31 pm »
I'm in - if we get the train we can all drink whatever we like............and the Tap can welcome us back to celebrate our 1st 3 points of the season  :ok:

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:13:30 am »
I'll be there along with the sprog providing some kind person can get me tickets. I have been offered a place in one of the corporate boxes, but declined as I don't like seeing grown men cry :^^ :^^

Not sure about car parking these days as they have sold off the big car park at the ground to save money. It is being developed into more new retail outlets.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 09:32:36 am »
I'll get tickets Bolts.

Horwich Parkway is the station for the ground? (Two and a quarter hours train journey each way with 2 changes at Manchester and Bolton  :yikes: )

the Beehive or the Barnstormers seem to be the best pubs for us unless we go a bit further out and find proper beer and then get taxis back to the ground?

Alternatively get The Tap to fill a few Growlers and we can have them on the train  :ok:

Overall I still fancy driving
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:40:38 am by lingsbord »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 01:01:12 pm »
I'll get tickets Bolts.

Horwich Parkway is the station for the ground? (Two and a quarter hours train journey each way with 2 changes at Manchester and Bolton  :yikes: )

the Beehive or the Barnstormers seem to be the best pubs for us unless we go a bit further out and find proper beer and then get taxis back to the ground?

Alternatively get The Tap to fill a few Growlers and we can have them on the train  :ok:

Overall I still fancy driving

Thanks Lings.

Horwich Parkway is correct. Not sure about having to change at Bolton. Most trains from Manc stop @ Horwich, unless this is a weekend restriction. I am sure that the last time we were there there were trains direct from Manc to Horwich.

Last time we went to the Brinsop Arms on the A6 which is only 10 mins walk to the ground. I believe that the Beehive is members only on matchdays. Not sure about the Barnstormers. I will check.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 05:44:06 pm »
Tickets on sale from 1st August - £30 adults  :yikes: Don't think Bolton have remembered they were relegated to League 1!

Lots of talk on other forums of boycotting the game because of the ticket prices.....don't agree with that at all. Our most expensive Cat A ticket is £27 and it's only about £5 - £7 more than most other clubs in the league. Let's fill the away and and give great backing to the new era  :ok:

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »
Tickets on sale from 1st August - £30 adults  :yikes: Don't think Bolton have remembered they were relegated to League 1!

Lots of talk on other forums of boycotting the game because of the ticket prices.....don't agree with that at all. Our most expensive Cat A ticket is £27 and it's only about £5 - £7 more than most other clubs in the league. Let's fill the away and and give great backing to the new era  :ok:

The cheapest tickets for Bolton fans is £28 for Cat A games. They won't get many going at that price.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 06:57:31 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous! PL Fans have a campaign that says "Twenty is plenty" for an away ticket, yet the mighty Bolton Wanderers want 50% MORE than that for a League 1 encounter against a team that finished 11th last year!

See you at the Macron  :ok:

You still up for it Bolts?

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 08:34:24 pm »
£30 is ridiculous for a L1 fixture but it's a one off for the season as no other club will charge that much for a ticket......it's about £7 more than most away tickets, which equates to a couple of extra pints pre-match, which I'm sure the majority of fans would have no hesitation in paying, if they had time before KO to drink them.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 09:29:55 pm »
A piffling £30? Pay the man and damn his impudence!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 09:32:52 pm »
A piffling £30? Pay the man and damn his impudence!

Exactly mate!

Some proper righteous knobs on S2 forum, but I see you've made an appearance!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 10:09:14 pm »
...be rude not to!

Some of those nobs paid fortunes in train and petrol costs to go to see the 0-4 versus Gillingham, but they won't pay an extra few quid on the ticket price when we're just an hour away from Notlob? (Python reference)

Those "boycotting" were never going to go anyway imho. Bring it on!

UTB!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 06:57:56 am »
It is a silly amount of money for L1, but won't stop me going. Despite our pitiful performances in recent years, it still shows that clubs see us as the big boys in the league though.

See you there (that is if I'm not being sworn in as PM after everyone else has had a go!!)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:59:36 am by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 08:06:38 am »
Just checked on sufc.co.uk and our pay-on-the-day price to away fans for a Cat A game is 29 quid.

Strikes me as a little hypocritical to criticise Bolton for charging an extra quid.

Yes, I think English football overcharges fans, but to single out this game and Bolton doesn't make sense.  Will we be boycotting the next Cat A game at BDTBL in sympathy for the away fans?

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved