HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Bolton v Blades - (first match of the season) - 6th Aug 2016  (Read 4333 times)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton v Blades - (first match of the season) - 6th Aug 2016
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 04:30:00 pm »
Ash spent nearly 2 hours queueing at BDTBL, about 15th in the line, waiting for sales to start at 09:00. There's a photo on one forum showing the queue stretching back past the "superstore" at 8am

At 09:02 they were told they were sold out due to online sales!

Why on earth couldn't they hold back some tickets for the poor sods who queued up?

OK then that's me in the Bolton seats. Vamps and Ash too. Bolts - you joining us?

Looks like no other option. If I try and order on-line they have to be collected at BL before 13:00 Friday which I can't do.

How will you get the tickets as not on sale of day of match?

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 04:50:44 pm »
500 more tickets released for 9am tomorrow. I'll have a go but I'm not confident as my online account (like Ash's) somehow doesn't let me buy tickets online!

Worst case is I get Reg to sort tix in the home end with Dean H and we collect from the ground

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 05:36:59 pm »
500 more tickets released for 9am tomorrow. I'll have a go but I'm not confident as my online account (like Ash's) somehow doesn't let me buy tickets online!

Worst case is I get Reg to sort tix in the home end with Dean H and we collect from the ground

Would these tickets in a safe area? Hannah wants to go, but doesn't feel comfortable sat in with our fellow boltonians.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 06:14:24 pm »
Ash spent nearly 2 hours queueing at BDTBL, about 15th in the line, waiting for sales to start at 09:00. There's a photo on one forum showing the queue stretching back past the "superstore" at 8am

Why on earth couldn't they hold back some tickets for the poor sods who queued up?

OK then that's me in the Bolton seats. Vamps and Ash too. Bolts - you joining us?

Looks like no other option. If I try and order on-line they have to be collected at BL before 13:00 Friday which I can't do.

You can also collect from Bolton on the day if they aren't collected from BDTBL Bolts.

I have a 9am meeting with a client, but will see if I can get stuck in traffic.......we'll end up with a shit load of bloody tickets at this rate, although suspect we'll have no problem offloading them!!
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 06:40:45 pm »

You can also collect from Bolton on the day if they aren't collected from BDTBL Bolts.

I have a 9am meeting with a client, but will see if I can get stuck in traffic.......we'll end up with a shit load of bloody tickets at this rate, although suspect we'll have no problem offloading them!!

OK...lets see what happens tommorrow.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 08:39:06 pm »
Sorry it's not worked out as planned Bolts......at the end of the day we waited till tickets went on general sale so we could all be sat together. With the tickets being £30 there was no way we thought it would sell out but it has, and the communication from the ticket office has been shite in only announcing that they had almost sold out of the initial allocation when there were 100 left!!

Hopefully Vamps's traffic issues tomorrow will result in us getting what we all want but if not, we'll just have to grin and bear it in the Bolton end and have one lees beer beforehand so Lings doesn't behave in his usual thuggish way  :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 10:40:43 pm »
I am a model of good behaviour. Just don't let me order a bovril

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »
Sorry it's not worked out as planned Bolts......at the end of the day we waited till tickets went on general sale so we could all be sat together. With the tickets being £30 there was no way we thought it would sell out but it has, and the communication from the ticket office has been shite in only announcing that they had almost sold out of the initial allocation when there were 100 left!!

Hopefully Vamps's traffic issues tomorrow will result in us getting what we all want but if not, we'll just have to grin and bear it in the Bolton end and have one lees beer beforehand so Lings doesn't behave in his usual thuggish way  :whi

Not to worry Ash and I do thank all of you that have tried to get tickets. If Bolton had just sent the 4,200 tickets in one go then none of this would have happened.

If Lings can't get any via the Houldsworth route, I have asked one of my golf colleagues if he can get me 2 tickets in a safe area, and he will. To get tickets you must be registered, or if not, you have to register with a Bolton area post code, or proof of address.

I do hope we can meet at the Beehive for a few pre-match sherberts.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 05:49:25 pm »
Bolts, the Beehive is a family chain pub with a wacky warehouse which often means lousy ale. Does it have anything worth drinking? last time I went over there we ended up in the Poacher in Blackrod. Too far away?

The Beehive has cheap food and looks OK but it's worrying that it describes itself as a "PUB" but while there's no mention on the entire site about what beers they have, there's a whole page devoted to the Wacky Warehouse, and I worry that if Ash gets in there we'll never get him out of the piss-soaked ball pool (in every sense!!)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:20:34 pm by lingsbord »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 07:06:29 pm »
It has a premier inn attached to it, so I suppose  it will have a real ale on. Not sure which. You can try the barnstormers, but don't know much about it..

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 07:24:09 pm »
Let's go to the Beehive and check it out.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 09:30:52 pm »
Bolts, the Beehive is a family chain pub with a wacky warehouse which often means lousy ale. Does it have anything worth drinking? last time I went over there we ended up in the Poacher in Blackrod. Too far away?

The Beehive has cheap food and looks OK but it's worrying that it describes itself as a "PUB" but while there's no mention on the entire site about what beers they have, there's a whole page devoted to the Wacky Warehouse, and I worry that if Ash gets in there we'll never get him out of the piss-soaked ball pool (in every sense!!)

I think a little bit of wee just came out whilst I was laughing................ :DD :DD :DD :DD

What's wrong with the Brinsop - about a 15 min walk away and if memory serves me right you can park there as well. Royal Oak just in the opposite direction as well
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:40:56 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 08:23:52 am »

I think a little bit of wee just came out whilst I was laughing................ :DD :DD :DD :DD

What's wrong with the Brinsop - about a 15 min walk away and if memory serves me right you can park there as well. Royal Oak just in the opposite direction as well

Nowt wrong with the Brinsop.

Just let me know where you will be as my chaufeusse needs to know.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved