HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Bolton v Blades - (first match of the season) - 6th Aug 2016  (Read 4385 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton v Blades - (first match of the season) - 6th Aug 2016
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 08:29:44 am »
Yes mate, for those who were never going to go to Bolton, the idea of a "boycott" gives them a get-out while preserving their "bladeness". We shouldn't be charging £29 at BDTBL (or even £27, the advance purchase price). £30 is a bit of a shocker and I agree we shouldn't just roll over and let Bolton tickle our tummies (they'd be tickling Vamps 'til Christmas!) but a boycott is only slightly less lame than waving a shoe.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 09:57:01 am »
(they'd be tickling Vamps 'til Christmas!)

Ouch  :DD

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 06:24:52 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous! PL Fans have a campaign that says "Twenty is plenty" for an away ticket, yet the mighty Bolton Wanderers want 50% MORE than that for a League 1 encounter against a team that finished 11th last year!

See you at the Macron  :ok:

You still up for it Bolts?

2 tickets please....

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 08:25:08 am »
I'll get tickets Bolts.

Horwich Parkway is the station for the ground? (Two and a quarter hours train journey each way with 2 changes at Manchester and Bolton  :yikes: )

the Beehive or the Barnstormers seem to be the best pubs for us unless we go a bit further out and find proper beer and then get taxis back to the ground?

Alternatively get The Tap to fill a few Growlers and we can have them on the train  :ok:

Overall I still fancy driving

Thanks Lings.

Horwich Parkway is correct. Not sure about having to change at Bolton. Most trains from Manc stop @ Horwich, unless this is a weekend restriction. I am sure that the last time we were there there were trains direct from Manc to Horwich.

Last time we went to the Brinsop Arms on the A6 which is only 10 mins walk to the ground. I believe that the Beehive is members only on matchdays. Not sure about the Barnstormers. I will check.

The Beehive is the nominated away pub. As it is attached to a Premier Inn it will sell food. Still waiting for info about the Barnstormers....

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 05:26:11 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous! PL Fans have a campaign that says "Twenty is plenty" for an away ticket, yet the mighty Bolton Wanderers want 50% MORE than that for a League 1 encounter against a team that finished 11th last year!

2 tickets please....

Are we still OK for Tickets Lings?

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 11:34:37 pm »

2 tickets please....

Just waiting for the cheap seats in the lower tier to sell out first so we can get a decent view  :whi

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 07:44:44 am »

2 tickets please....

Just waiting for the cheap seats in the lower tier to sell out first so we can get a decent view  :whi

I wonder how many more are doing the same???

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 08:21:08 am »
No worries Bolts, getting them tomorrow  :ok:

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 07:02:29 pm »

You are a star...thanks mate.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 06:08:52 pm »

SOLD OUT!!

I had a meeting brought forward so had to go down to Lincolnshire this morning but thought I'd easily get the tickets on the way back especially as the lower tier ones were to be sold first before the upper tier, where we want to be. On the way back I get a call from t' donkey saying the whole allocation of over 3000 was sold out!

there's 300 more being made available Weds morning so we're going to try to sort that out. So far I've managed to get 2 put aside from mates who had spares so we might only need 3.

I have a line into David Holdsworth (whose brother Dean is part of the consortium that bought Bolton of course) and we can get seats for their end with no problem.........but that's not ideal either after a few sherbets.

£30 a bloody ticket for Bolton and the whole lot were snapped up by late lunchtime on day 1  :yikes:

Online BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 06:37:43 pm »

SOLD OUT!!

I had a meeting brought forward so had to go down to Lincolnshire this morning but thought I'd easily get the tickets on the way back especially as the lower tier ones were to be sold first before the upper tier, where we want to be. On the way back I get a call from t' donkey saying the whole allocation of over 3000 was sold out!

there's 300 more being made available Weds morning so we're going to try to sort that out. So far I've managed to get 2 put aside from mates who had spares so we might only need 3.

I have a line into David Holdsworth (whose brother Dean is part of the consortium that bought Bolton of course) and we can get seats for their end with no problem.........but that's not ideal either after a few sherbets.

£30 a bloody ticket for Bolton and the whole lot were snapped up by late lunchtime on day 1  :yikes:

Well lets see what happens Wednesday. I can get tickets from Bolton, but I want to be in the away end. Let me know what happens, and I'll take it from there.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 09:15:31 am »
Ash spent nearly 2 hours queueing at BDTBL, about 15th in the line, waiting for sales to start at 09:00. There's a photo on one forum showing the queue stretching back past the "superstore" at 8am

At 09:02 they were told they were sold out due to online sales!

Why on earth couldn't they hold back some tickets for the poor sods who queued up?

OK then that's me in the Bolton seats. Vamps and Ash too. Bolts - you joining us?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:19:00 am by lingsbord »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 09:57:27 am »
Yep, that's me in the photo in the red shirt under the stadium plan near the front.

FFS Blades.........first of all why wait till only 100 tickets left on general sale before telling anyone and secondly, surely priority has to go to those who have made the effort to physically queue up rather than online or telephone sales. 300 tickets gone within 2 feckin minutes of the doors opening  )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O(

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
500 more tickets on sale from 9am tomorrow, first come first served either in person, online or phone. Seeing as 300 sold by 9.02am today, I think online is the best chance of getting some but sadly I'm not around in the morning to sort

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved