HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 63044 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #1020 on: May 01, 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
Cheers Lings - and one and all - in case you're wondering the weather is very warm in Spain, the wine is very red and going down rather well.............

Oh and nicked but thought I'd share for those not on the WhatsApp group as it's rather good.........bought a new TV today to watch the Championship play-offs. Unfortunately it didn't come with any Leeds........
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:16:18 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 01, 2017, 08:48:44 pm »
Cheers Lings - and one and all - in case you're wondering the weather is very warm in Spain, the wine is very red and going down rather well.............

Oh and nicked but thought I'd share for those not on the WhatsApp group as it's rather good.........bought a new TV today to watch the Championship play-offs. Unfortunately it didn't come with any Leeds........

:DD :DD :DD Very good mate  :ok:

I'll be watching the parade after all, then down to Folkestone, then Chartres, then Empuriabrava for some of that vino tinto and sunshine  8)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 02, 2017, 01:52:08 pm »
Gotta get myself one of these!!
The Landlord!

Offline Saigon Blade

• Under-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 05, 2017, 07:50:18 pm »
Hello guys--Anyone know if Chris Wilder and Alan Knill have also gone to Vegas ?
                  Just a thought.....Also a photo of  Clarke with the player of the month trophy.
                       So he didnt make the trip to Vegas??

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 05, 2017, 08:40:07 pm »
Pretty sure Wilder and Knill have not gone mate.

No idea about Clarke.

Vamps can I change my T Shirt to read:

Sheffield United

Bath Hotel

Jaipur

All of the above

????     ;D ;D

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 06, 2017, 04:27:01 pm »
In Barcelona today and tomorrow. Perfect weather, 27/28 with a bit of breeze.

Tomorrow's about work. Tonight's about a couple of great craft ale houses either side of Barcelona v Villareal at the Nou Camp.

Give me BTDBL every time  ;D

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 08, 2017, 10:18:17 am »
Pretty sure Wilder and Knill have not gone mate.

No idea about Clarke.

Wilder said he wasn't going as it was a reward for the players and they wouldn't want their "boss" there.

I thought I'd seen Clarke in a photo by the pool on Twitter, but not certain as the person I thought he was was smiling in the photo  :DD

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 08, 2017, 01:24:38 pm »
Latest transfer rumour - Ricky Holmes from Charlton.

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 08, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »
Evans Confirmed as returned. Still don't think any good will come of this. Never go backwards and after his last Season at this Level. He was bloody poor.
I couldn't care less about his wasted years, that's gone. He was Shite last time, Shite Last Season so diesn't deserve this chance. But I'm happy to proved wrong :ok:

In other news, maybe for Vamps, Lings etc. WESTFIELD upper is now a Season Ticket Zone. Fancy a move up there anyone?

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 08, 2017, 04:51:10 pm »
Evans Confirmed as returned. Still don't think any good will come of this. Never go backwards and after his last Season at this Level. He was bloody poor.
I couldn't care less about his wasted years, that's gone. He was Shite last time, Shite Last Season so diesn't deserve this chance. But I'm happy to proved wrong :ok:

In other news, maybe for Vamps, Lings etc. WESTFIELD upper is now a Season Ticket Zone. Fancy a move up there anyone?

Evans will be desperate to prove himself yo us, to McCabe, and to CW. He owes us but more than that he wants to prove he's a good player to every doubter and that's a powerful driving force in a player. Last season was Evans getting up to speed. Now a full pre-season will have him at what's left of his peak.

In the last season he played for us he was brilliant. Over to CW to drag him back to his best.

I love the view from Westfield Upper mate but not sure I can shake the tradition of sitting on the kop.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 08, 2017, 05:38:31 pm »
Financially, if the numbers I've been told are correct, then it makes perfect sense with a no lose situation for the club.

Football wise, I really hope you're right Lings, and let's be honest if there's one person who can get something out of him then you'd put your money on CW, but I'm not convinced to be honest.

Don't buy into the never go back theory - after all CW came back, Brian Deane came back and I'd take both Jags and Big Harry back in a shot......

Westfield upper not for me I'm afraid - it's a great view up there, better facilities (but still the same crap beer!) and that's about where it ends.
The Landlord!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 09, 2017, 08:17:10 am »
My two penn'orth on the Ched situation.

From a football perspective, it's a risk. He might not be able to discover the form or fitness he had in that last season with us.  I don't judge him on the season before as the whole team were lethargic and crap that year and we were relegated in all but points by Christmas.  If anyone can rekindle the form in Evans it's CW and he now gets a full summer to spend on him.  To be honest, we could spend a lot more that 500k on a striker and lose the lot because he turns out to be shite or doesn't fit in (Higdon, Sammon etc etc).  IF CW performs the miracle we're hoping, we could be sat with an asset worth in excess of 3m and IF Ched can get 10 goals and Billy can get 15 goals next season then chances are we're going to be safe.  I can't imagine CW doing what Adkins or even Clough might have done and picking Ched for the sake of it. If he can't cut it anymore, he'll be on his way soon enough.

From a non-football perspective, it's a risk. I think the divisive nature of this deal will heal fairly quickly. In the financial markets news is news and once it's broken it has little further influence on the stock or reputation of a business.  In this regard the Ched news broke last year and then again last month.  It'll die down quickly (rightly or wrongly depending on your point of view).

Personally, I'd gladly have not done this deal, I'm sure there are other potential strikers out there although they would have cost more but would have been without any baggage.  But, in Wilder I trust. He's not done too badly so far.

I'm not going to post my view on the actual case here - that's for the numpties on social media who don't seem to understand the difference between libel and slander and the consequences of either.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 09, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »
What's everyone think of the new OWS?

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 09, 2017, 08:15:58 pm »

Not really looked at it yet but planning on going to the game on Sat so will have a look in a bit

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 10, 2017, 06:04:07 am »

The last one was 15 years out of date when it was lanched. The new one was always going to be better, and it is, but it's hardly state-of-the-art is it?

A couple of hours with "Wix" could have produced a far better job, but I think we're tied into to a deal with the League on a "One Size Fitz Hall" arrangement?

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved