HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62940 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #720 on: February 16, 2017, 06:20:21 pm »
...followed by groundhog day a week later. COYRAWW!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 17, 2017, 09:15:19 pm »
Not sure if I've already mentioned it...........but I'm feckin BUZZING about tomoz  :ok: :ok:

COYRAWW  :cheer:

Oh, and looking forward to a pint or two as well  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 18, 2017, 08:04:34 am »
MatchDay - bring it on. Let's hope we're all smiling at the end of it!!  :DB
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 18, 2017, 09:06:33 am »
Really can't wait for this one, it'll give the players of what they can expect most weeks if we get promoted.

Bring it on. I'm excited and anxious in roughly equal measure but although Scunny will be massively up for this one their recent form isn't good and we're playing well. I expect a difficult first half hour and then we'll impose ourselves on the game. Scunny will hoof it a lot so maybe EEL should play but the trouble is he can't drop the Wright/O'Connell/Basham set-up after successive clean sheets. PLEASE don't drop Wright!

Right - catch y'all in a bit

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 18, 2017, 08:08:58 pm »
Scunthorpe Manager: "A point was the least we deserved"

:yikes:

That was the most one-sided match of the entire season. They were just a bunch of ugly dirty hoofers and scrappers and we tore them a new one for 90 minutes.

If that's second best in the division we should be 20 points clear by now. How did those last 4 chances not go in? Bizarre.

Anyway, with Bolton drawing as well the situation remains the same, with another match chalked off. 27,980 there today, great to see although the queue for a wee was a bloody nightmare.

Same again next week is fine for me  :ok:                                               

Offline Saigon Blade

• Under-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 19, 2017, 07:10:25 am »
Hi Lings--Yes it looked an absorbing game-unable to go of course.. It seems the final ball is always not quite right.and there were not many genuine clear chances it seems.
   Looks like we have a curse on us or something--Seen it before like the Peterboro game.
     Freeman looks very good.The Man U player has no chance of a game while Freeman is playing like that. Hopefully 3 points from Bolton and we can settle down a little.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 19, 2017, 08:23:21 am »
The great thing for me is we're actually still improving!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:40 am »
It did sound as though we played with passion, skill, committment and battered them.

However, we do need to be more clinical with the finishing. 19 shots with only 4 on target is not good. Were the corners worse than normal yesterday, they didn't sound too special.

Roll on next Saturday when I can watch Notlob being turned over. If not, then I have a shite journey back over the pennines.

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 19, 2017, 06:20:31 pm »
Been a while.

Hello all, as the usual know, I was there again yesterday and walked out happy with the draw.
Lets take nothing away from Scunny here. They created little but made their chances memorable. Hitting the Bar and the Post and scoring 1 and forcing Moore into a very good save too.

That Morris kid certainly knew he gad a game after being done by Freeman time and time again.

I'm hoping Hansen going off was precautionary as the Scunny defence breathed a sigh of relief on his exit. Not sure changing him for Lavery was the best option though.
The front lads are worrying me tbh. Plenty is being created but they aren't clinical enough. And don't get me started on playing against 10 men. We just can't do it for some reason.

Overall, a point against second who also happens to be a perenial bogey team is nothing to be disappointed about.
Bring on next week..... of which I can't get to. Gutted about that too!!

Think I might go to Rochdale though.

We'll go up no 2 ways about that, I'd prefer to secure it and the Champions birth before MK Dons, but we'll see

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 20, 2017, 08:47:52 am »
For the first time ever I watched the entire 90 minutes on BP, without once feeling the need to fast forward...

To be honest, Duffy should have buried his chance in the first half and Sharp should have hit the target with his very early chance - although I also think Lafferty should have gone down for the pen when he was pulled back as he burst into the box in the build up.

Lavery should have scored when he had the chance not long after coming on, and O'Shea was unlucky.  Another cm to the left and the ball would have rebounded in instead of back out off the post.

I agree with Bolts.  Other than Sharp we haven't been clinical enough in most games.  CW acknowledged this previously when demanding more goals from the midfield.  Someone though is going to get a hiding off us one of these days when luck is with us - a bit like Southend as we only had about 5 shots on target that day and scored 4.

To be fair on Scunny, they were shell shocked.  On the back of two defeats their confidence was obviously low and CW played it right getting at them from the start.  For a while in that first half it was like one of those warm up sessions where the defenders run in circles while the others pass it around them.  We looked like a championship side Saturday, they looked like a League One side with a sprinkling of decent players capable of creating something from nothing.

Bring on Bolton.  Another draw wouldn't be the end of the world as, as someone said, it's another game chalked off.  Scunny are going to draw and lose more games between now and the end of the season and Bolton are skating on thin ice with the size of their squad and financial troubles.  If we keep playing the way we are, we'll be alright.

BTW - Welcome to the member's bar Saigon  :DB

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 20, 2017, 09:00:11 am »
I think we should also remember that Scunthorpe have a decent defence, otherwise they wouldn't be 2nd in the League, and as they'd clearly come for a point and packed their own half to achieve it, goals were always going to be at a premium.

Pace, power, creativity allied to total commitment - it's a good mix and should see us over the line.

Port Vale away should see us have it in the bag. Anyone up for that one if the chance is there to seal it?

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 20, 2017, 10:03:05 am »
Interesting - Bolton were initially given the whole Bramall Lane end for Saturday's game, but because a few tickets still remain available for the Upper Tier, SUFC has requested the return of all Lower Tier tickets so they can be sold to Blades fans!

Top support Bolton fans!  :DD :DD

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 20, 2017, 11:57:25 am »
Interesting - Bolton were initially given the whole Bramall Lane end for Saturday's game, but because a few tickets still remain available for the Upper Tier, SUFC has requested the return of all Lower Tier tickets so they can be sold to Blades fans!

Bolton have sold all their tickets (2,200) for the top tier. No mention of asking for any more.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 20, 2017, 12:54:04 pm »

Bolton have sold all their tickets (2,200) for the top tier. No mention of asking for any more.

Their initial allocation was over 4,000 in both tiers but as sales have been slow and they were unlikely to sell them all, we have now reduced their allocation to top tier only so we can sell lower tier to Blades fans  :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 20, 2017, 10:22:54 pm »

Yup, as the donkey says Bolts, they have sold out the top tier but they had tickets in hand for the bottom tier too. However, as sales have been so slow and demand from Blades has been so high, SUFC has had to request the return of the bottom tier tickets. Piss poor from Bolton.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved