HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62655 times)

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #645 on: January 23, 2017, 12:37:14 pm »
Up front, no options - hence the impending arrival of Hanson.

It's not that there are no options, there are no good options.  Clarke, Lavery, Done and McNulty could play in any team in this league - but they haven't delivered when partnering Sharp.  I still think Lavery is a prospect but right ow we need someone who can put the ball in the net instinctively.  Not match Sharp so much, but at least give Freeman a run for his money in the goalscoring charts  :roll:

After Freeman equalised on Satdi Andy Pack tweeted "don't you feel for Done every time Freeman pops up and scores.".  No I bloody well don't.  I feel for the fans every time Done passes it to the opponent's keeper, or slices it high or wide.  :DD
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:39:13 pm by Roma »

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 23, 2017, 02:16:20 pm »
Roma I just meant we had no options in terms of the final ball, aside from the one that wasn't working all game. Just at the point when it needed crossing in for a header we realised the strike force is 3ft 6in and wouldn't win it so back to Plan A. Hanson gives us the other option.

Freeman - I just hope he's still ahead of Forestiere in the scoring charts at the end of the season  :DD

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 23, 2017, 03:28:17 pm »
Freeman - I just hope he's still ahead of Forestiere in the scoring charts at the end of the season  :DD

Even if that happened a shit pretend journo at the Sheffield Stir would run a vote with the following choices, that loads of pigs will get over excited by and persuade their grannies, cats and carers to vote in, with the options being:

A: The official EFL scoring charts are correct and Freeman has scored more than Foresteri or
B: The official EFL scoring charts are lying bastards and Forestieri has scored far more than a mere full back.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 23, 2017, 07:24:20 pm »
Mais bien-sur mon brave!

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose with that shower of shit that calls itself a newspaper

RIP Gorden Kaye aka Rene Artois of 'Allo 'Allo fame

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2017, 07:46:55 pm »
A very birthday to our dearly departed old mate Pastit who would have been beside us tonight.

59 years old and been gone too soon.

Happy Birthday old Pal :DG :DB :DG

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 24, 2017, 10:23:22 pm »
He would have been apoplectic at that shower of shite tonight Dane

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2017, 09:29:28 am »
 :DA
A very birthday to our dearly departed old mate Pastit who would have been beside us tonight.

59 years old and been gone too soon.

Happy Birthday old Pal :DG :DB :DG

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:45 am »
OK, those of you "lucky" enough to be freezing their bits off at the game last night need to update us on why we're experiencing this "blip".

The warning signs have been there for a while to be honest.  We've often found it difficult to break down sides who defend in numbers, with last ditch goals being the difference between one and three points.  At Southend we were a class above for large parts of the game, but had it not been for two very good saves from Moore it could have been a very different result on reflection.

Is it that when we get desperate to break down the proverbial parked bus we throw too many forward, inviting the break away?  Were we lucky against teams like Northampton that they had no ambition to attack us with any great zeal but when teams are quick and prepared to throw men forward when they break, our defence is exposed - either because there short of numbers or they're just not good enough or organised enough?

Are our forward thinking wing-backs presenting a double-edged sword? Are they leaving gaps behind and neglecting their defensive duties?

Why can't we create more shots on target and when we do, why are they too often down the keeper's throat?

Will Carruthers, Hanson and O'Shea fix the problems? 

Or is it that we can't handle the pressure of being in pole position? That's the proverbial banana skin after all.  Here's me thinking with Bolton and Scunny not playing that we have a chance to create a gap that would only put pressure on those chasing us, but it looks like we've creaked under the pressure of being top.  Perhaps we're better off Scunny overtaking us when they play their games in hand, chasing from a more comfortable position of 2nd or 3rd?  After all, Scunny and Bolton will probably have a blip of their own between now and the end of the season.

Or maybe the players, like the fans, admittedly including me, have got over confident with the run of form before and after Christmas.  Maybe they thought promotion was done and dusted and can't handle the shock of the realisation it's still a long way to May?

Has the prospect of competition for players had a detrimental instead of positive affect.  Are players pissed off that CW has brought in potential replacements despite playing so well in most games? With O'Shea, Riley and Carruthers coming in, Fleck, Coutts and Duffy must be thinking they're being badly done by (although I think Riley is cover for Freeman and Lafferty more than the midfield positions). 

Unlike last year, you look at the team and there aren't too many weak spots individually, apart from centre forward alongside Sharp perhaps.  In fact there's an abundance of talent, and in all the games I've seen, live and on TV, all the players put in 100% effort.  I don't subscribe to this theory of teams upping their game against us. We've been in League 1 for six years now.  Yes, we have 20,000 fans in a big stadium, but surely teams also up their game against the likes of Scunny and Bolton, the latter being the real big-time scalp as they're relatively fresh out of the Championship and have more 'named' stars.

Basically, before we all start panicking, WTF is going on at BDTBL!!!!???  >:(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:45:18 am by Roma »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 25, 2017, 01:16:38 pm »
Does anyone else think that since EEL got his new contract at Wolves his form has dipped alarmingly? Does he now not care knowing that if he gets sent back he is safe at Wolves for another 3 seasons?

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 26, 2017, 05:59:14 pm »
Yes, EEL has become the new bombscare Nosworthy since signing his new deal

Yes, I think Hanson, Carruthers and O'Shea will see us over the line (happy with all 3 signings)

BUT I want Jake Wright in defence with EEL and O'Connell

If we had been offered our current position at the start of the season we'd have ripped arms off up to elbows, so let's take a chill pill, let the games-in-hand situation play itself out, and go from there. We;ve played some fabulous football recently (especially Gillingham) so with our 3 new additions adding even better quality I can only see us getting promotion, probably as Champions.

NURSE????!!!!!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2017, 12:08:40 pm »
The sports science supercomputer has predicted that we will finish THIRD!

FFS we could have told them that without a computer!

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2017, 04:26:21 pm »
I wonder if Hanson is finally going to be a big striker that we have wanted for a while? The last few, Clarke, Higdon & Sammon, were not a rip roaring success.

League position is OK. Better to have the points than games in hand. We have been in the catching up position before and royally fcuked it up.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 27, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »
The sports science supercomputer has predicted that we will finish THIRD!

FFS we could have told them that without a computer!

Must be the same computer that the weather forecasters use.  :DD :DD

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 27, 2017, 04:27:56 pm »
Jose Baxter re-signed by Everton!

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 28, 2017, 01:45:39 pm »
Jose Baxter re-signed by Everton!

Saw that and looked at the date to check it wasn't April 1st! I'm one for second chances, but third chances are stretching it.  Even if he didn't have a weak spot when it comes to artificial stimulation he isn't PL quality, so WTF do Everton want him for.  Seems like Unsworth doing an old mate a favour until he gets on his feet to me.

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved