HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62982 times)

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2016, 09:26:27 am »
I have to say I think Long, DCL and Whiteman are all ready IMHO.

Agree with Long but I reckon Whiteman is close and DCL is a way off yet....had a good loan spell at Northampton but hasn't impressed when given the (limited) chances back here.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »
I have to say I think Long, DCL and Whiteman are all ready IMHO.

Agreed Vamps, although DCL isn't what I'd call a striker. To my mind he'd fill that "Baxter" position really well.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2016, 01:39:57 pm »

A point on the youth put by McTwat!.....we're not producing enough good players on a regular basis!

" We've not gone belly up like Soton and Leicester,"......no we haven't, i bet they'd love to be 10th in lge 1 instead of the PL with one of them going to win it......feckin' idiot!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:44:15 pm by Staboblade »

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2016, 01:59:10 pm »

Interesting reaction to first question.

Some interesting stuff on the academy and clubs taking kids off us.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2016, 02:20:17 pm »

Agreed on The Leicester fact....cheating twats....feckin' hate the bastards!

Good question on NAs signings and a very interesting answer from McTwat.

According to McTwat we're cursed.......lmao.....ye cursed with him and his bullshit!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »

Great first question! So basically NA won't be allowed to sign crap,We'll see Kev!

some good stuff overall.....

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:13 pm »
I watched the whole thing and I was disappointed by his constant reference to "bad luck" - bullshit Kev.

I did like the comment about if the current set-up had been in place almost none of those recent NA signings would have been made, but as we haven't signed ANYONE since this committee was formed, what does that tell you about future business?

Anyway, as we're talking about the progression of the youngsters, well done to the U-21s after they beat Charlton away in the semi-final of their play-off campaign. I really do think that if Diego has finally got rid of his billy-big-bollocks attitude he could finally become an integral part of the first team next season, replacing Baxter if DCL is going to be used as striker back up.

Smith looks ready to make the step up as well. COYRAWW!!!!!!

By the way, Our Kev was supping Budweiser during that forum - shows you he knows fuck all about anything other than bricks and mortar

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:53 pm »
He also blamed KB for poor loan signings when we got relegated....same old excuses from him. Plane fact is there's never any real investment in the team and he quotes one season when he actually did and we went up. says it all....

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »
Another interesting statement was when McTwat said him moving to Belgium when we were first relegated to the Championship was a mistake. I assume this is because he feels it's difficult / impossible to lead a club from afar (although based on the previous post, maybe it's because there was no Budweiser in Belgium, only proper beer).

In that case, how the heck did he expect JP and HRH to run the club from Riyadh?  What he's basically admitted here is that the club has been rudderless for several years.  The landlord will appreciate what happens when the rudder does one. The whole ship sails around wildly before it inevitably sinks and ends up at the bottom of the sea (or league one depending on the metaphor).  )O(

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2016, 05:44:35 pm »
Another interesting statement was when McTwat said him moving to Belgium when we were first relegated to the Championship was a mistake. I assume this is because he feels it's difficult / impossible to lead a club from afar (although based on the previous post, maybe it's because there was no Budweiser in Belgium, only proper beer).

In that case, how the heck did he expect JP and HRH to run the club from Riyadh?  What he's basically admitted here is that the club has been rudderless for several years.  The landlord will appreciate what happens when the rudder does one. The whole ship sails around wildly before it inevitably sinks and ends up at the bottom of the sea (or league one depending on the metaphor).  )O(

Actually I teach people how to helm a boat when the rudder falls off  :whi :whi
The Landlord!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2016, 10:58:08 am »
Assume on Sunday we're 9.30(ish) again in 'Spoons'.......................I've got lots more 50p vouchers for you NOT to use!!!
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2016, 07:05:35 pm »
Assume on Sunday we're 9.30(ish) again in 'Spoons'.......................I've got lots more 50p vouchers for you NOT to use!!!

Not sure I'm going to make in Sun............but if I do, then I know where you are!

:ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2016, 08:22:19 am »
I definitely won't make it sunday.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Offline S36Reject

• Elite