HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62984 times)

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:37 pm »
yeah yeah yeah, the old "extra pint" get out  :roll:

I'll go with that then Vamps  :ok:

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 06:56:39 pm »
Tonight's debacle of a team.....;-)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »
Nice to see Whiteman get a place on the bench. Don't see him getting a go though.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 10:47:55 pm »
That was categorically the worst game of football I've ever witnessed. Burton Albion, top of the league, were worse than Colchester, bottom of the league, in terms of their performance at BDTBL.

Our performance tonight was just tragic. Adkins started with Edgar in midfield and then, when Baptiste came on, we found Brayford at Left Wing Back. Clearly the manager has absolutely no idea of his best formation or the players who should fit within it. When DCL came on he dropped Adams into a deep left-sided midfield role which is bizarre, because Adams is fucking useless unless you play him right up front alongside another striker. Anybody who watches football knows DCL is a box-to-box midfielder but because the lad's taller than Sharp or Adams suddenly he''s a target man!

The whole team, the shape, the strategy, everything is fucked. We are lost, totally lost, as if the first eleven people off the 52 bus have been given shirts and told to go and try to get the round thing into the bag.

Guys, this team, this club, this everything red and white is an absolute mess and will take some serious sorting out.

No skill, no shape, no strategy, no balls, no passion, no fight, no clue. Say what you want about Morgan, but he wouldn't have put up with that shit we saw tonight.

12th place tonight. We don't deserve to be so high.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 11:36:15 pm »
That was categorically the worst game of football I've ever witnessed. Burton Albion, top of the league, were worse than Colchester, bottom of the league, in terms of their performance at BDTBL.

Our performance tonight was just tragic. Adkins started with Edgar in midfield and then, when Baptiste came on, we found Brayford at Left Wing Back. Clearly the manager has absolutely no idea of his best formation or the players who should fit within it. When DCL came on he dropped Adams into a deep left-sided midfield role which is bizarre, because Adams is fucking useless unless you play him right up front alongside another striker. Anybody who watches football knows DCL is a box-to-box midfielder but because the lad's taller than Sharp or Adams suddenly he''s a target man!

The whole team, the shape, the strategy, everything is fucked. We are lost, totally lost, as if the first eleven people off the 52 bus have been given shirts and told to go and try to get the round thing into the bag.

Guys, this team, this club, this everything red and white is an absolute mess and will take some serious sorting out.

No skill, no shape, no strategy, no balls, no passion, no fight, no clue. Say what you want about Morgan, but he wouldn't have put up with that shit we saw tonight.

I logged in to offer my two penneth, but hey............what he said.

Beer was feckin awesome though..........

BTW, what he didn't say....FECK OFF ADKINS you are shite as well  :yikes: )O(

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 11:40:26 pm »
Beer was truly awesome tonight Eeyore, I'll give you that.

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »
ONE shot on target tonight........at home  :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2016, 08:30:32 am »
http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/sheffield-united/more-signings-to-come-at-sheffield-united-says-adkins-after-burton-defeat-1-7765239

Not been good enough all season, i'm not jumping on the NA out camp because he's been given a bag of crap to play with left by NC. Ye he's bought in a few crap players like Hammond, but managers go back to what they know and these players have not done what he expected. It's also obvious that he's become more and more desperate in his selections/changes to try to evoke a spark in the team and I think the Baptiste sub last night was just that. It's also probably a bad idea to play the youngsters at the moment, they are not being done any favours with such a mess going on.

Yes we need a winger, we need two, but he hasn't played the one's we do have (ok they are crap) but what we do need is a tough tackling CMer, one who isn't easy to knock off the ball because we don't have one and ALL our CMers are like fragile dolls.

It also sounds now that the likes of Sharp, Done and Adams have given up or give up as the game goes on. These three should be more than good enough to score goals in lge 1, teams should be thinking 'shit, we have these three against us today' 

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2016, 08:54:15 am »
What Lings says is pretty much the impression Stabo & I got in the chat room.

The team are not playing well, and all confidence seems to have gone. We are desperately missing a controlling CMF to provide the telling pass to the strikers, and to get the others in MF working together. It will be interesting to see who this winger is? Probably a 45 year old from the Icelandic 5th division.

After all these shite results, we are still only 5 points from the play offs ( goal difference is against us).

I'll still give NA time as we cannot afford to change managers again.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2016, 08:57:24 am »

Could be 13th if Scunny win their game in hand.

Did Baptiste look a decent signing, or same old crap?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 09:19:12 am »

Could be 13th if Scunny win their game in hand.

Did Baptiste look a decent signing, or same old crap?

Messi would have looked like the same old rubbish in that shower last night so a tad unfair to judge. Being thrown in at RB and moving Brayford to LB was a strange one though.

I can't remember the last time I called for a manager to be sacked, but I really am becoming hacked off with Adkins now and this football. I actually don't think he inherited a load of shite from Clough. We have the players in this side that SHOULD be able to win this league at a canter, they just aren't doing it for one reason or another.

The Landlord!

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2016, 11:28:51 am »
These sentiments is all that needs to be said

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 11:38:19 am »
Had this discussion before, our midfield isn't fit for purpose and it wasn't last season either and apart form Murphy was as pedestrian, plodding and weak as it is now. Our forwards should be more than good enough for this division (not Sammon) and if you include McNulty it should be good enough next season with the addition of some height and strength.  Defense wise, we need to add a CB but other than that we have the players if Harris and Freeman come back. Get rid of the lot of the midfield and concentrate on building one with strength, pace and quality in the summer and we should do a lot better.

I'm bemused by Adkins TBH, he has a decent track record and has done it before so I think he's scratching his head as to how to create a spark to get us to perform with what he's inherited. But to put Edgar in midfield and then Brayford on the left is crazy and desperate.

Would another manager do any better? with our board probably not and it's not a coincidence since Wilson was harshly sacked our managers have done nothing but give us shite football.

How was NC received last night from the crowd?

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »
Can we quantify 'the lot of them'

Flynn IS good enough for this league and the CCC. He needs to be used in the right manner though - NOT IN THE MIDDLE!
Baxter - gone as far as I'm concerned but certainly was good enough
Coutts - slow start but turning out to be quite a find
Basham - do you really want to get rid of him? Personally I prefer him at CB but he's a very good player for the holding roll in front of the defense
DCL - just starting to get a run. Jury's still out but reproduce the U21 performances and certainly good enough
Whiteman - still classed as junior player really but from what I've seen has serious potential

Re Adkins - let's have a look at his track record in a  bit more depth;
Scunthorpe - didn't really build anything. Inherited Brian Laws side
Southampton - blessed with the likes of Bale, Lallana etc.
Charlton - sacked
The Landlord!

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 01:59:17 pm »
Can't agree on Flynn he isn't good enough, Basham i'd keep and like you say he can play CB, Baxter is inconsistent, Coutts isn't strong enough and a plodder, JCR get rid, send Hammond back, Woeford a joke. i don't include the young un's and it's making them look bad in a poorly performing team. So okay not all of them, just most  :ok:

Ye Adkins inherited a good team at Scunny but he still got them up, took Soton up twice with quality youngsters performing. He's inherited a bad team with us and our youngsters are not in the same class as Soton's was. Not defending him as he's made some weird subs and done some strange things. Do we get rid of him and then have the same trouble with the new guy? it's 3 managers in a row now that have had us playing shocking stuff, should we make it 4 and then 5?

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved