HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62665 times)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 02:14:24 pm »
Much improved performance today with more chances created than in most games this season.

Edit: Bury, who couldn't buy a win before we went there, can't buy a win since. That was our first defeat there since 1952.

Bury won their next game after beating us. They won at home to Colchester 5-2 after being 2 goals down.

That doesn't count - it was v Colchester  ;)

Who won at Bramall Lane I seem to remember  :whi

That doesn't count, it was only Sheffield United

Harsh, but true Mr Lings, very harsh

Offline S36Reject

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 10:43:09 pm »
Really not sure what to make of all the announcements coming from the Miser..... He sounds desperate at times.... probably because he knows the game is up and Attendances are going to rapidly decrease between now and Season ticket renewal time/ I've read so many reports and posts from people who have been going since the 60/70's saying enough, they aren't renewing this season.

Of Course me and Ziah will be there. Speaking of which! We're Currying as usual at 6pm. Anyone welcome to join us. We are doing the Flag folding thing too so can't hang about too long.

I've become despondent on the issues surrounding the club now. I can't do anything to change anything and anyone who suggests it get quickly labelled, so nothing happens. I went to a protest meeting and they decided when we are mathematically unable to make the play-offs is the time to take action. It is against the Board and Owners though, not the Players or Manager although Adkins really isn't doing himself any favors in the Media.

Lets see what happens against Clough's Burton

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 08:46:02 am »
Sheffield Tap at 18:10 Tuesday night then Eeyore? Subject to any delays on the trains  :ok:

That the plan then? Works for me. Sorry Dane, I won't be currying. I NEED serious amounts of beer in me to watch the Blades these days!!!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:49:45 am by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:34 am »
I hope there aren't any protests. I think having a squad of 40 bang average players is something that takes time to sort out. protests aren't going to make the players any better, and neither is McCabe suddenly going to say "OK sorry, here's £15m". I'm all for showing some displeasure but protests against a sole owner are going to achieve nothing, and I'd STILL rather have McCabe than Vincent Tan or the Venkys so we have to be careful what we wish for (although if we can get a Tunaman like the other lot did I'm all for KM being run out of town).

Speaking of negativity, I hear there was a lot of knuckledragging again from our fans at Rochdale, no doubt the same lot who made my mind up not to go away for a while after their performance away at Crewe. Staff on minimum wage shouldn't have to put up with having stuff thrown at them or the verbal abuse that was hurled in their direction along with milk, beer and whatever else. The setting off of smoke "flares" in an enclosed concourse is not funny it's just offensive and stupid. Ugly scenes between these numpties and players including Grant Holt and, incredibly, Matt Done, are indicative of the way we're going.

Dane mate, with Ash moving out to hathersage and needing the train to get in, he doesn't get into the station until after 10 past 6 so we're going to grab a few sherbets instead of the ruby. You're welcome to join us but I know Zach likes his curry so otherwise we'll catch you inside.

Up The Blades!  ;D

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 09:45:56 am »
Re McCabe... Anyone else think it's strange that he's decided to start talking publicly again? When Mr P has disappeared off the face of the earth (not just for Sheffield United related projects either)? Could be because the accounts are due in March and they're getting ready for the flak that's going to come out of those.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 10:27:56 am »

Dane mate, with Ash moving out to hathersage and needing the train to get in, he doesn't get into the station until after 10 past 6 so we're going to grab a few sherbets instead of the ruby. You're welcome to join us but I know Zach likes his curry so otherwise we'll catch you inside.

Up The Blades!  ;D

My train gets into Sheffield at 17:37, so if you fancy a beer before Eeyore arrives see you there!

Chloe isn't going tomorrow so if you need a ticket to just pay the upgrade on then the offer is there.

The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 01:46:55 pm »

Up The Blades!  ;D

My train gets into Sheffield at 17:37, so if you fancy a beer before Eeyore arrives see you there!

Chloe isn't going tomorrow so if you need a ticket to just pay the upgrade on then the offer is there.

Kinell  :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: You'd better stay off the Jaipur if you're starting that early!!!

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 02:11:38 pm »

Up The Blades!  ;D

Kinell  :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: You'd better stay off the Jaipur if you're starting that early!!!

LoL - In the York Tap on Saturday and they had a particularly appealing 10% ale on which I even passed up the Jaipur for..................

Besides - it's only 1 extra pint
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »
17:37 it is then  ;D

I think I'm OK for the ticket Vamps, thanks for the offer but with Ash borrowing Dane's and with Soton Chris not coming up, I can get a freebie  :ok:

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 03:48:22 pm »

And you can certainly stay off the Jaipur starting that early - it will be a hostile enough environment on the Kop without you chucking Bovril over everyone  :yikes:  :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »

And you can certainly stay off the Jaipur starting that early - it will be a hostile enough environment on the Kop without you chucking Bovril over everyone  :yikes:  :whi

"That early" ??? 2 hours before kickoff when we start close to 3 hours before kickoff on a satdi?

I shall indeed be asking mine host to fetch forth the aforementioned Jaipur, and stout yeoman that he is I'm sure he will oblige.

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 04:24:08 pm »

"That early" ??? 2 hours before kickoff when we start close to 3 hours before kickoff on a satdi?

I shall indeed be asking mine host to fetch forth the aforementioned Jaipur, and stout yeoman that he is I'm sure he will oblige.

Gonna miss the chippie stop though and a very brief walk to the taxi rank!!! Can we throw Pie chips peas and gravy instead of Bovril??
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 04:29:42 pm »

Gonna miss the chippie stop though and a very brief walk to the taxi rank!!! Can we throw Pie chips peas and gravy instead of Bovril??

You only need an hour's Jaipur intake to turn you into a hooligan, Lings (I only need a pint  :-[:whi

No reason why pies can't be chucked instead Vamps  :ok: :DD

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 06:53:29 pm »
At their prices I won't be chucking them anywhere but down my throat Vamps! BTW I just got royally slagged off when someone just said it was a bit of a walk from the Tap to the ground and I said we'd be getting a cab  ;D

Good point on the Jaipur Ash. I'll try to keep it down to 4. Besides, there's a chance Maisie might be coming so any trouble I cause, she can deal with  :ok:

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 07:21:41 pm »
At their prices I won't be chucking them anywhere but down my throat Vamps! BTW I just got royally slagged off when someone just said it was a bit of a walk from the Tap to the ground and I said we'd be getting a cab  ;D

Good point on the Jaipur Ash. I'll try to keep it down to 4. Besides, there's a chance Maisie might be coming so any trouble I cause, she can deal with  :ok:

Only catching a cab cos it allows an extra pint!!! And it really isn't much of a walk, I'd like to bet less than the Cat!
The Landlord!

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved