HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62930 times)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
Banter Thread No. 2
« on: February 25, 2016, 01:47:37 pm »
 :-X

I was bored so thought I'd start another Banter thread, since the last one is close on 1400 comments...............

:-X

I'm still bored.....................

Is it the new season yet?

???
The Landlord!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 05:11:37 pm »
Lately mate, new season same as the old season, so be careful what you wish for.  :cheer:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:30:18 pm »
"Academy graduate Ben Whiteman has also trained with United’s senior professionals this week after impressing at under-21 level this term"

:)

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:07:37 pm »
"Academy graduate Ben Whiteman has also trained with United’s senior professionals this week after impressing at under-21 level this term"

Best news I've heard in a while. Every time I've seen this lad he's shown more passion and drive to get forward than any other midfielder at the club - oh and he can play which helps!!!
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:37:09 pm »

Best news I've heard in a while. Every time I've seen this lad he's shown more passion and drive to get forward than any other midfielder at the club - oh and he can play which helps!!!

So he'll play a few games in the league, look promising and get sold to Spurs or similar to warm the bench for a pittance of his true worth.....it's the Blades way!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 11:35:12 pm »
Eeyore is well and truly back  :DD

Guess the move went smoothly then mate? The San Jose went down well in the Soleil  8)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:49:41 pm by lingsbord »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 11:12:12 am »
Eeyore is well and truly back  :DD

Guess the move went smoothly then mate? The San Jose went down well in the Soleil  8)

:D that was a wine induced rant and I take it all back......till the next time!

Move done and as smooth as can be expected ta..... :ok:

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 01:39:33 pm »
Sheffield Tap at 18:10 Tuesday night then Eeyore? Subject to any delays on the trains  :ok:

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 02:10:59 pm »
Long, Brayford, Basham, Flynn, Sharp, Woolford, McEveley, Reed, Adams, Cuvelier, Edgar

Howard, Coutts, Done, Collins, Scougall, Campbell-Ryce, Calvert-Lewin

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 05:54:01 pm »
Much improved performance today with more chances created than in most games this season.

Their goalkeeper was immense today making a string of fine saves and was easily man of the match. George let their two chances in, so he wasn't.

Cuvelier getting going with some nice work going forwards, Brayford had a good game, Adams is still very raw but still had several shots on target.

STILL the fact is we've slipped to 10th below previously relegation-threatened Barnsley BUT although I maintain the season is over, we were 5 points off the playoffs this morning and bizarrely we're now only 4 behind. You never know, but when you're so much in control of a game like we were today, especially first half, you have to come home with the points.

Apparently KM and NA are planning pre-season already (seems they already know which division we'll be in) but the big thing to come out of the last couple of days was, finally, an admission from McCabe that with hindsight(!) the sacking of Danny Wilson was a mistake.

Cheers Kev

Edit: Bury, who couldn't buy a win before we went there, can't buy a win since. That was our first defeat there since 1952.

Today, that was our first EVER defeat versus Rochdale.

We really are quite shit aren't we?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:34:16 pm by lingsbord »

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 08:34:59 am »
Much improved performance today with more chances created than in most games this season.

Edit: Bury, who couldn't buy a win before we went there, can't buy a win since. That was our first defeat there since 1952.

Bury won their next game after beating us. They won at home to Colchester 5-2 after being 2 goals down.

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 09:01:03 am »
It did sound a better performance. However, we sodding lost again. Yet, we are still in with a sniff of the play offs.

Predictions posted for next week

http://www.thecrossedblades.com/forum/index.php?topic=105.0

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 09:26:37 am »

Bury won their next game after beating us. They won at home to Colchester 5-2 after being 2 goals down.

That doesn't count - it was v Colchester  ;)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 09:31:45 am »

Who won at Bramall Lane I seem to remember  :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 01:07:04 pm »

Who won at Bramall Lane I seem to remember  :whi

That doesn't count, it was only Sheffield United

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved