HomeForumChat                    

Author Topic: Banter Thread No. 2  (Read 62710 times)

Offline BoltonBlade

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread No. 2
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 04:50:36 pm »
Flynn is a winger, so that is where he should play. Now this is just a thought, Flynn might be better at RB and push Brayford into a right wing position. He has the pace and can tackle and won't get intimidated by stronger players. Baxter is not doing himself any favours. I think we should get rid. Not sure about Coutts, but he could probably turn out to be a good signing. Basham is probably a better CB. DCL, Reed & Whiteman should be kept.

As I said earlier, give NA another season. We can’t afford to get another manager, and assistants in. Not only do we need stability on the pitch, but we need it off the pitch as well.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 05:03:06 pm »
Flynn is easily good enough for this League at RW or RWB. I wouldn't put Brayford at RW as he doesn't have the close control. Everything with him is at pace, so charging onto a 1-2 and whipping a ball over is fine, but aside from that he's lost.

What worries me about Adkins is that he's going to be given a free reign to bring in a dozen or so players, and his recent acquisitions have largely been complete underpants so if he fecks up and gets sacked the poor numpty who comes in after him has another 2 years of mopping up before he can have HIS go.

In the end though it's car crash football so keep him on because I can't help looking at what he'll do next.

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »
Does anyone in all seriousness think ' Great Flynn is playing, he'll rip their defense a new arsehole' No!

Yes Flynn has his moments BUT he's not a player that does it week in week out and is like most of the players we've had over the last 4 or 5 years inconsistent!

My worry is giving all these players new contacts in the summer and ye Lings that could be a big problem if NA brings in more rubbish for next season.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 06:54:32 pm »
Flynn hasn't been given the opportunity to tear anyone a new anything. NA's tactics are far more about solidity than skill, and so were NC's before him. I know it's not saying much but when he plays he's often the best player in white with thin red pinstripes. The tactical strategy doesn't allow for creativity out wide so Flynn gets left on the bench too often. Weir had him playing as a second LB 20 yards ahead of the main one.

Flynn's good with the ball at his feet, has decent pace and good control. I think he's Championship quality, and aside from Sharp and possibly Brayford you really can't say that about anybody else

Offline Vamps

• Administrator
  • Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 07:55:59 pm »
Agree completely with Lings about Flynn, and to answer your question Stabo, maybe not think about it in that way, but I do think, why oh why aren't we playing Flynn when he's not included.

He is - by a country mile - the best winger we have at the club!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:02:17 pm by Vamps »
The Landlord!

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »
I too rate Flynn and wish he would be given more of a go in his best position......if anyone needs reminding of the quality of his passing and crossing, have a peek at the 2 goals we scored against Spurs last season.....oh, and have a look at the Villa cup game as well.

Now I see the argument that he has the odd good game in several, but as has been said, more often than not he isn't given the chance or he is being played out of position.

Offline Roma

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 12:28:40 pm »
This is the art of the possible if only we could somehow get a board who have ambition, bollocks and a bit of cash to take a short term hit.

Leicester have gone from a GBP28m loss to a GBP26m profit in the space of 12 months...

McC says we have to be frugal, as the football model of spend, spend, spend is unsustainable.  Well.  There are currently 55 football clubs who are better than us (based on league position).  Isn't that proof that the frugal approach doesn't work in football?  How many teams have gone bust, properly bust not just temporary administration to avoid paying the HMRC?  It's like wearing a condom in a night club... It might keep you safe, but you're going to get no action in the first place!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35714770

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 05:27:51 pm »
Thing is Roma, it actually wouldn't take too much investment in the team to transform what we have. As Vamps said we should be doing better with what we have and he's right because IMO, and i've said it before, it's the midfield that needs overhauling. The defense and forward positions just need tweeks here and there. Get rid of the lightweight plodders and sign some decent quality,pace and aggression wouldn't take several millions. But we fanny about signing past it loanees and freebees.

The only times McTwat has actually spent big, for the division we were in, was our promotion season to the PL and it worked and when big time charlie Nobson took over. In the PL season and in PL terms he spent little to keep us there and we went down.

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 02:32:11 pm »
Neither McEverley nor Collins in the match day squad at all today! Sharp out ill so Done, Calvert-Lewin, Adams and Flynn is the attacking group

Offline Staboblade

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 06:17:56 pm »
NA thought it was good today...........oh dear!

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2016, 07:48:08 pm »
There was nothing good about a 3ft 6in player having the freedom of the box to nod in their first goal. Nor was it good when their second came from another free header.

Set that against a poor shot deflected onto the target by their man for our first and a last-minute penalty for the second.

For the first time this season I couldn't even be arsed to listen to commentary.

Edit: more knuckledragging at Fleetwood as once again our wonderful "it's just banter" fans with stunning originality but typical stupidity threw something at their 'keeper, cutting his eye and delaying the penalty. I know the lad was giving it the big 'un but in the context of recent events you'd think they'd be able to see better through the beer goggles and just give him verbals.

Thick as mince
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:28:11 am by lingsbord »

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2016, 06:42:47 pm »
[quote author=lingsbord link=topic=104.msg2515#msg2515

Edit: more knuckledragging at Fleetwood as once again our wonderful "it's just banter" fans with stunning originality but typical stupidity threw something at their 'keeper, cutting his eye and delaying the penalty. I know the lad was giving it the big 'un but in the context of recent events you'd think they'd be able to see better through the beer goggles and just give him verbals.

Thick as mince
[/quote]

Says the Bovril Chucker..... :whi

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2016, 07:37:42 pm »
I can drag my knuckles with the best of 'em

Offline Eeyore

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »

Pas de merde

Offline lingsbord

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:22 pm »

Pas de merde

You prawn sandwich types are all the same. Chucking Bovril was just banter  :whi

The Crossed Blades Founded 2007 - All Right Reserved